Schlecks for Tour of Ireland

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2007 in Pro race
Timoid will have to lock his missus up, looks like Frank will be riding.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... land-12091

Did we ever find out who Amigo de Birillo really was?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Compared to the publicity there was in the run-up to the old Nissan Classic, most folk in the street would be hard-pushed to tell you that the race is starting next week. Still, it will be good to see the race back again and the line-up looks reasonably good. Whether the guys actually race or just sepnd a week getting some wet-weather training spins remains to be seen.

Whatever about Timoid, I don't believe that my marriage will be under threat from the attendance of either of the Schlecks. My wife reckons there is already one cyclist too many in the house.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Did Basso actually have any friends? He doesn't seem the sort.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Armstrong?? :lol::lol::lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    vermooten wrote:
    Did Basso actually have any friends? He doesn't seem the sort.

More than me.

And yes, he did have. Many of the people on CSC have publically said they still consider him a friend.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Timoid's missus might want to enter this year's Braveheart fund ride. Sean Kelly, Sean Yates, David Millar and Scott Sunderland will be there, and there is also a rumour (from a source who should know about these things) that a couple of cycling brothers may also be present. Just a rumour mind. And she'd get to meet me as well :lol:
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Noodley wrote:
    Timoid's missus might want to enter this year's Braveheart fund ride. Sean Kelly, Sean Yates, David Millar and Scott Sunderland will be there, and there is also a rumour (from a source who should know about these things) that a couple of cycling brothers may also be present. Just a rumour mind. And she'd get to meet me as well :lol:

Ahh but the missus doesn't ride, she just likes the well turned calf and healthy winning smile of a skinny cyclist and until now that was me. So I'll be able to keep her from Noodley et al's clutches, but don't want Frankie giving her any more waves.

Still it'll be great to see the brothers Schleck in the Irish rain and it'd better make the Irish news tonight.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,163
    iainf72 wrote:
    Did we ever find out who Amigo de Birillo really was?

I don't think it was ever confirmed. I always assumed it was Eddy Mazzoleoni (his brother-in-law)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Timoid, are you still in Galway?
    Dan
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Timoid, are you still in Galway?

I split my time between Ireland and the UK. Only go to Galway every so often to prove to my old pair that I'm still alive and to visit my dear old (and utterly senile) Gran.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • I'm back the first week of sept. Don't suppose you are about? Which part of Galway btw? I'm from corcullen so am known as a dirty moycullen redneck to most of my townie friends. Janey (wifey) just bought me a handbuilt 18 foot larch boat and engine and trailer for my birthday, with water mooring down the gleann road. (The lad I always used to fish with growing up was selling and wanted me to have it), so back to see, salivate over, sort out winter storage etc. Will be in sligo for a night or two, and ballyconeely, and oughterard. Would be nice to have a pint or two at some stage with you and shoot the breeze.
    Dan