Rebound...

Aux1
Aux1 Posts: 865
edited August 2007 in MTB beginners
Say I'm just riding down a general mountain trail. How does it feel when the fork rebound is set too fast?

Mine is just set to middle at the moment, guess it's fast enough because the fork doesn't pack up over successive bumps. But maybe I can get even more out of it if I try to set it up with some deliberation. Maybe increase it bit by bit? When will I know it's fast enough? Any tips would be much appreciated! :idea:

Comments

• Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    If the rebound is too fast, the front wheel will be bouncing all over the place. If its too slow, it will pack down. You want somewhere in between.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    Yeah u dont want 2 have rebound 2 fast like its trying to take yer teeth out. if having rebound too slow it wont come back fast enough, ready for the next bump. :shock:
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    why not just experiment??? take it to a ride u know well, and ride it with full rebound, no rebound, stuff like that. Youll soon find out what works for you. Same goes for tyre pressures, sag, infact, everything!!! :lol:
    i ride a hardtail
  • Aux1
    Aux1 Posts: 865
    Well, I'm adding rebound speed bit by bit and haven't noticed any uncomfortable kick-back from the fork yet...
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Ride off a tallish curb. Your fork should compress and then rebound to the sag point, no further. If it overshoots the sag point then you need to slow down the rebound. Decrease the rebound damping until you do see it overshoot the sag point and then knock it back a couple turns.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.