Braveheart Ride

arranandy
arranandy Posts: 688
Anyone know the date of this year's Braveheart run? Did it last year and enjoyed it despite my minor crash
Flying Scot? You must be joking!

Comments

• craiguk
    craiguk Posts: 39
    Andy, it's on Sat 27th October, more details here>>>

http://www.braveheartfund.com/FundRide.asp

I did it last year too and had a great time, I've moved house since then though and as I'm living near Durham now it's unlikely I'll make this years event.
  • arranandy
    Thanks Craig,

I see its a different route this year down into deepest, darkest Ayrshire :!: Apache country down there :)
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    couldna see the route on the website :?:
    hope it's drier than last year :lol:

think I might even go to the dinner at night

I see Millar's on the ride as well
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    aye, that was a good day out last year. I doubt if the weather will be any better.

Will I need a bodyguard or do we just make a circle with our bikes if we are attacked? :lol:
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    weather will be better than last year :D

i am told that a couple of brothers from CSC might be in Galston. Don't quote me on this.... 8) some more celebs to be added to list. Make sure you enter to get the chance to ride with the most cycling celebs ever in the history of British cycling. :lol:
  • arranandy
    Sounds good Brian. I presume Mr Kelly will be joining us again this year?
  • BrianS
    arranandy wrote:
    Sounds good Brian. I presume Mr Kelly will be joining us again this year?

He loves it in Ayrshire!
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    arranandy wrote:
    Thanks Craig,

I see its a different route this year down into deepest, darkest Ayrshire :!: Apache country down there :)

Would that be Kilbirnie?

Never done the Braveheart before is there anyway to do a post enrty.
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    daowned wrote:
    arranandy wrote:
    Thanks Craig,

Would that be Kilbirnie?

No, it goes through East Ayrshire. Not to worry though as it wisely avoids Auchinleck.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • BrianS
    daowned wrote:
    arranandy wrote:
    Thanks Craig,

Would that be Kilbirnie?

Never done the Braveheart before is there anyway to do a post enrty.

Postal entries are accepted to Alan Miller, Active Office, 22 Douglas Street Kilmarnock, KA1 1RB. Cheques made payable to Braveheart Fund.
  • BrianS
    Rolf Sorensen is the next guest to add his name to the ride and dinner :D
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    BrianS wrote:

have you been holidaying in Denmark?
  • BrianS
    Noodley wrote:
    BrianS wrote:

have you been holidaying in Denmark?

He lives in Italy :D
  • BrianS
    Rolf Sorensen, Sean Kelly, Sean Yates, Alan, Peiper, Scott Sunderland, David Millar, Roger Hammond, Hendrik Redant (in the team car) all confirmed. Some active protour riders still to be confirmed. Enjoy the day with some great company and all for the good cause of helping young Scots ride in Europe. :D
  • arranandy
    BrianS wrote:
    Rolf Sorensen, Sean Kelly, Sean Yates, Alan, Peiper, Scott Sunderland, David Millar, Roger Hammond, Hendrik Redant (in the team car) all confirmed. Some active protour riders still to be confirmed. Enjoy the day with some great company and all for the good cause of helping young Scots ride in Europe. :D

Good to see all those big names in there Brian. Looking forward to the day. Here's hoping the weather is kind to us.
    I know, i know - its always sunny in Ayrshire :lol:
  • BrianS
    This event is a for a great cause and keeps them North of the border happy. What do you have to do to make it a STICKY ? :D

Thanks to everyone who support sthe www.braveheartfund.com North and South of hadrians wall! :lol: