BR Arms?

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
A couple of ideas for the forum sections within the MTB part. Many people are commenting on lack of banter and so on, and while we have the Arms and the Sandbox (which derive from WMB and MBUK) why not have a BR hang out? WMB arms could be easily merged with the office, and no doubt many of the other parts could be merged as well giving a more concise and easy to navigate forum, with a place for new mwmbers and old to have a joke.

Comments

• Merging various forum areas is being looked into (that is, we're going to do it, we just have to figure out the technicalities), and yes, a BR Arms/Cafe/Bistro is a great idea.
    John Stevenson
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    I have noticed 2 things recently.....
    Firstly I sometimes unable to access Bikeradar when using IE- yet every other site i use is ok and I am ok using Firefox.
    Second I have new post flags for anything since I logged off lat night to now- ok i asked to be ale to edit them but thought I would still have some!!! :D
  • HJ

With IE, can you detail exactly what goes wrong, what error messages etc you get and I'll get the Brains Trust to take a look.

All your new post flags have vanished? Most of mine seem to have too. I suspect if we have a glitch in the matrix.
    John Stevenson
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Aye we definitely need a BR Arms, probably best stuck near the top of the sections to break up the seriousness of the whole thing. We need a place to discuss beer, cheese and women hehe.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    supersonic wrote:
    Aye we definitely need a BR Arms, probably best stuck near the top of the sections to break up the seriousness of the whole thing. We need a place to discuss beer, cheese and women hehe.

Croft,Wensleydale and Landlord. :D
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    I'm up for merging a few of the topic boards. i still think that there are too many when you open the MTB part of the forum. its probably better if you can get all the topic boards on one screen, and not having to scroll down.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Merging various forum areas is being looked into (that is, we're going to do it, we just have to figure out the technicalities), and yes, a BR Arms/Cafe/Bistro is a great idea.
    Is this just a MTBing merger or would Cake Stop be included? If all 3 are to merge it might be an idea to change the name entirely so that no favouritism or bias towards MTB or Roadie forums can be inferred. Some peoples noses are very easily put out of joint, as we've seen recently.

You could have a thread for suggestions for the new name and then run a poll from the best suggestions.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Crapaud wrote:
    Merging various forum areas is being looked into (that is, we're going to do it, we just have to figure out the technicalities), and yes, a BR Arms/Cafe/Bistro is a great idea.
    Is this just a MTBing merger or would Cake Stop be included? If all 3 are to merge it might be an idea to change the name entirely so that no favouritism or bias towards MTB or Roadie forums can be inferred. Some peoples noses are very easily put out of joint, as we've seen recently.

You could have a thread for suggestions for the new name and then run a poll from the best suggestions.
    +1

I reckon discussions of non cycling issues, ideas should be central. The more the merrier.
    Rich