Bad cycle lane video?

magnatom
magnatom Posts: 492
edited August 2007 in Commuting chat
Hi Folks,

In the past there has been a lot of discussion about the bad design of cycle lanes. Often they are dangerous to use, a waste of time etc. I thought it would be a good idea to ask people to submit videos of poor cycle lanes in action to a group so that these videos could be held in one place making it easy to direct people to them and to reference. Therefore, I have set up a new group on YouTube
http://uk.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=badcyclelanes

So go on, join the group, contribute your own videos and if you don't have a helmet camera yet........GET ONE!!

(I am not receiving any commission from helmet camera manufacturers, honest)

Comments

• domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    No thanks
    ________
    Vapir no2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • magnatom
    magnatom Posts: 492
    Fair enough :? Any particular reason why?
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    I remember the cycle lane around the Rheims Way in Canterbury. It had lampposts in the middle of it! And like the 2nd one in the first vid of three on the above site you often see a few yards of cycle path like that. You can imagine the council/government official talking at a conference '' Yes we now have a total of 8KM of cycle lanes in our city'' roughly translated as ''We have several hundred short sections of pointless cycle paths that add up to 8KM in total so we look like we catering towards congestion free roads and safe cycling for all''