Hotel in Snodonia

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited August 2007 in The bottom bracket
Fancy getting away this weekend, wife, two teenage daughters and me. Snowdonia would fit the bill. Any recommendations for hotels, mid range sort of thing. Ta!

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    We stayed at a little B&B guest house called Trem Y Mor last October. Run by a couple, they have a self catering apartment on the ground floor of the house too i think. it's in a village called Deiniolen which is very handy for Llanberis, Snowdon, Anglesey etc....

http://www.tremymor.co.uk/
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    there is loads around Llanberis, Betws-y-Coed, Bangor and the like, all within distance!!!

its awesome around that area!!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • Patrick Stevens
    Patrick Stevens Posts: 13,398
    Cobdens at Capel Curig is ok. Otherwise, you're better off staying in Betws-y-Coed rather than the back end of nowhere as teenage daughters will get bored within five minutes.
  • Beddgelert is a particularly nice place, hotels and B&B available. Just south of Snowdon on the A498.

I cycle, run, and hill walk.
    Legs like Popeye, arms like Olive Oyl. (Abs like Bluto).
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    All of the above. If you want something posh try the Black Bull at Beaumaris, Anglesey. A little bit of a drive from the mountains (30mins) but you've got some excellent beaches nearby, a castle and the best food in North Wales (no exaggeration).

A cheap option over the summer would be to see if Bangor Uni. has any halls of residence rooms which they are renting out. Bangor is on the edge of the Mountians.

If you want to be in thr heart of the Mountians then I'd go for LLanberris or Betws. A bit more to do (apart from cycling) in Llanberris and better scenary I reckon.

The Conway valley has some nice inns too and is a bit less touristy.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • passout wrote:
    All of the above. If you want something posh try the Black Bull at Beaumaris, Anglesey. A little bit of a drive from the mountains (30mins) but you've got some excellent beaches nearby, a castle and the best food in North Wales (no exaggeration).

If you want to push the boat out and don't mind staying a bit further away, Tyddyn Llan at Llandrillo is a restaurant with rooms and has won the Welsh Restaurant of the year award very deservedly for the second year year running. For stupendous surroundings, Pale Hall at Bala, is in a league of its own for grandeur.