Lancashire Cycleways

keithc440
keithc440 Posts: 277
Lancashire County Council have mapped out what look like two excellent cycle routes in the Northern and Southern loop. I have received a leaflet from them which has maps indicating their route but unfortunately they do not seem detailed enough to follow on their own. I have however noticed the signs indicating the route out on the road. I was wondering if it is possible to navigate the routes in practice without a map and if anyone had done so ?

Comments

• wriggy
    wriggy Posts: 102
    Don't know much about the route but it sounds suspiciously like sustrans approach of letting you know things are out there, then making you buy the maps. The Lancashire council web site links to Cicerone who have a guide book for the loop
    http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/384/title/lancashire-cycle-way I assume this gives the detail of the route.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi Keith,
    The route is very well signed and easy to follow.
    I have done both loops without the need for maps.
    There are some fairly steep sections but you shouldn't need the granny ring. :)
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I've done some sections in the North & it's easy to follow the signs. Some good riding around Silverdale/Arnside.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Lancashire is so beautiful, if you get off route it's still fantastic.
    I have done both loops and recommend them to everyone.
    Lots of hills, flat lands, wind but most of all good cafes.

george