Reigate riding - what's on offer?

rohloff-rich
rohloff-rich Posts: 232
I spend most of my working week at one of my client's premises in Reigate, based right by the station. I want to start bringing my road bike to work one or two days a week so I can ride after work before driving home. Problem being I don't really know where to start in the Reigate area in terms of which direction to head out to get some decent riding done.

Is anyone Reigate-based and wouldn't mind showing me around for a ride or 2 or 3?

Fitness-wise, I'm fairly new to road riding so am probably a little slower than most. Working to correct this though, and am currently doing around 100miles+ a week on the road (along with 20 to 40 offroad). As a guide, a 65mile route currently takes me around 5hrs with a weekly 24mile spin on flat roads taking me about 1hr 10min (but I'm improving on this weekly!).

Cheers,

Rich
An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...

Comments

• Naz
    Naz Posts: 353
    There's plenty of good riding from there. From Reigate, take the A25 towards Dorking and take a left turn off there - the area features a number of villages with great scenery (Rusper/Newdigate/Charlwood/Brockham/Leigh etc) and mostly good quality roads. Print a map of the area off the internet and away you go.
  • rohloff-rich
    rohloff-rich Posts: 232
    Naz wrote:
    There's plenty of good riding from there. From Reigate, take the A25 towards Dorking and take a left turn off there - the area features a number of villages with great scenery (Rusper/Newdigate/Charlwood/Brockham/Leigh etc) and mostly good quality roads. Print a map of the area off the internet and away you go.

That's the way I drive home - seems a bit counterproductive to ride that way then go back to my car in Reigate! :roll:

Is that the best riding in the area then? Could always drive halfway home (Worthing) then get the bike out I guess...
    An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...
  • jchester
    jchester Posts: 18
    Box hill is near Reigate