-Another- Thetford forest thread

mikebert4
mikebert4 Posts: 93
edited August 2007 in Routes
Hey there, I'm heading to thetford tomorrow, taking a few good friends round the black route, Just wondering if there's going to be any locals about, as we might go off in search of some more fun on the unmarked side of things.

Failing that, general advice on where to head would be appreciated.

I've been to Thetford a couple of times now, and I'm making use of the 'park at brandon park' trick, cheap parking plus the ride to the start of the trails is a damm good warm up :D

also, I'm loving the mud :D

Mike
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I ONLY COME ONCE."

Comments

• djr2110
    djr2110 Posts: 74
    Hi Mike

I'll probably be over there tomorrow and could show you what I know of the brandon side if i'm not helping out with the trail building.
    The route I know on the brandon side is the one used for the Trek marathon series and if the forestry commission have finished cutting down trees and cleared the area the ridin should be good.

What sort of time are you thinking of heading there?

Dave
    Dave
  • Well, we moved forward the mass trip to today (once round the black route, was awesome)

I might pop over for a couple of hours from midday tomorrow (say 12-2/3 ish) how does that fit in with you DRJ?
  • djr2110
    12 sounds good, at the brandon country park?, haven't been on the brandon side for a few weeks so should be interesting to see what it's like.
    Can't miss us as i'll be the one with the black fiat punto and a bright orange, orange P7.

I'll see if I can convince some of the others to make it as well.

Dave
    Dave
  • djr2110
    Actually Mike sorry but i've just received a mail from the guy organising the trail building.
    We are starting at 9.30 for a days building on the thetford side.
    The new trails are looking good with some features not scene at thetford before.

http://peterharper.info/cgi-bin/gallery ... bum=timber

Let us know when you are next going and i'll see if me and the guys are around.

Dave
    Dave
  • No worries, I'm still going to pop over to thetford, I'll drag a friend and just go trail sniffing :)

I'll let you know next time I'm planning an outing, cheers for offering

Mike