Tufo 'cross clinchers

DavidBelcher
DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
edited August 2007 in Road general
Does anyone know of a source for the "clincher-tub" versions of the Tufo 'cross range at present? Only online stockist I've found is Velomax in Warwickshire, who've acquired a sizeable stock of 28mm ones (bit narrow for me); they also claim that UK supplies are low in general at the moment. I usually ride 32mm tyres, so looking for this size or very similar (30s or 34s??). If no luck, mind, can probably get through the season on my existing Michelin Mud 2s as they haven't had much use. Thanks in advance for feedback.

David
"It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal

Comments

• I'd suggest you try and come down to Mildenhall rally over the August B/H weekend. Sunday & Monday are trade stand days, plus there is a 'fun' cyclo-cross on the Monday morning, after the duathlon..

Normally plenty of cross bits on offer, plus Elmy Cycles have a stand there.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • DavidBelcher
    Pete,

Thanks for the advice; however, I already have prior appointments for August Bank Holiday and Suffolk would be a long way off the beaten track for me. Worth phoning/e-mailing Elmy to see if they ever stock them and if so could supply by mail order?

David
  • David,

Elmy do mail order. Ask Steve what cross tubs he has in stock.

If you are stuck, then I might be able to hunt around at Mildenhall for you. I think the going price for the knobbly Tufo was about £10
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • DavidBelcher
    Pete,

If you could keep an eye out if you happen to be going to Mildenhall anyhow, that would be great; it's the clincher-tub (rather than glue-on tub) versions of either the Prestige 30 or Prestige 32 (knobbly rather than cross-hatch tread) that I'm after. Keep me posted by PM or deb107(underscore)york(at)btinternet(dot)com if anything suitable crops up.

Many thanks,
    David