Index "tree" keeps minimising

MentalRaver
MentalRaver Posts: 221
Hey peeps,

For some reason when I first came on here the index was long and listed. Very nice.

Now it keeps minimising and is getting so annoying and I'm close to not using the site anymore!

How can I fix it?
Too enthusiastic about biking for my friends...want to ride somewhere in the SE? TELL ME!!! hamsterscanswim@hotmail.com - and yes they can!

Comments

• domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    Before it was all expanded which was simply horrible, to get to the road section you had to scroll through several pages of irrelevant crap first, and that was every time you went back to the index.

Now it is all collapsed which is tidier and less irritating but you still have to expand the section you want to read every time you go to the index, so still quite irritating. I have been informed by John Stevenson that they are working on allowing you to set a default forum which will be open every time you go to the index which will be great.

In order to make it perfect however they need to make it more dynamic still so that it actually remembers the last forum you had open and opens it for you when you go back to the index.
    ________
    ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • I am going to do some work on the mod so if you open a section it stays open during your session. I haven't even looked at it enough to know if its possible yet but its on my list to make it a little more usable.
  • I am going to do some work on the mod so if you open a section it stays open during your session. I haven't even looked at it enough to know if its possible yet but its on my list to make it a little more usable.

Isn't that what happens now? If I log in, click on road - It opens and stays like that 'till I get timed out and have to log in again, or am I misunderstanding something (quite likely :oops: ).
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • Why not just set cookies if a checkbox has been ticked?

Want me to code it in PHP?
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite 2010
    Mongoose Tyax Elite 2007
    Carrera Limited Edition TDF

Full suspension - King of the forest!

If anyone rides in Sulham Wood give me a shout :).
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Technex wrote:
    Want me to code it in PHP?

The problem isn't getting someone to write the snippet that dumps a cookie. It's getting someone to write it in such a way that it works, stays working, and doesn't break anything else.

This isn't a site run by a kid in his room, there's a team of (at least two) people working full time on developing it. Anything that's written must be intuitively understandable to both of them, and so must conform to whatever house style's been decided upon.