Rockhopper 2008

lzb
lzb Posts: 15
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
I decided to buy the Rockhopper 07 on cyclescheme for £550 but my LBS has said that I can get the new 08 version for £500 when it comes out in about 4 weeks time.

I have agreed to do so but am a bit worried now that I know nothing about the new version. Does anyone know what the spec will be?

They have confirmed that there will be a black version and that the spec will be either the same or better than the 07 but it doesn't make sense to me why it will be £50 cheaper?

Am I worrying unnecessarily....?

Comments

• jammieeeee
    jammieeeee Posts: 389
    On what i have heard i would buy the 07 version for the 50 pounds extra.

What i have heard/ seen is that the 08 version has Rockshox Dart forks. These are noticeably worse than the Toras on this years model.
  • lzb
    Do you know when the 08 MTBs will be in the shops?
  • atypidae
    atypidae Posts: 6
    jammieeeee wrote:
    On what i have heard i would buy the 07 version for the 50 pounds extra.

What i have heard/ seen is that the 08 version has Rockshox Dart forks. These are noticeably worse than the Toras on this years model.

Are you sure you're not looking at he American models, as they have always been lower spec'd than the UK ones?
  • lzb
    My LBS has called Specialized and they are refusing to provide any details on the specification of the 08 Rockhopper. They are expecting brochures in about 3 weeks. They did say that any information that people have to date is likely to be rumour and conjecture. The only info I have been able to find is a photo of the US version which may be where all the info is coming from.
  • brasso
    brasso Posts: 203
    Pictures and spec that are currently available are all on the Specialized US website

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkMode ... Rockhopper
    '08 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    '04 Allez Sport

When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or RIDE.

The choice is yours...
  • spada01
    spada01 Posts: 20
    I was told by Evans of Kingston that the new Rockhopper will be out in 7-10 days (told at weekend)
  • spada01
    spada01 Posts: 20
    edited August 2007
    Test..
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    That trek is superb value, the frame is at least 200 quids worth. Fork not the best, but great parts esp the cranks.
  • jammieeeee
    jammieeeee Posts: 389
    what trek?