Winter and summer tyres?

teacherman
teacherman Posts: 454
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
The tyres that came with my bike seem to enjoy collecting mud and hanging on to it for ages. Need a set of decent winter (or summer this year) tyres and some lighter rolling ones for when the trails eventually dry out. Been out of the game for a while so no idea what's good and what isn't.

Any advice?
I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf

Comments

• brasso
    brasso Posts: 203
    What mtb had a good supplement on tyres last month if you can get hold of a copy.

What sort of riding are you doing?
    '08 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    '04 Allez Sport

When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or RIDE.

The choice is yours...
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Bontrager Mud x or Panaracer Trailrakers for winter.
    Maxxis High Rollers,Panaracer FIRE XC Pro or CInders,or Schwalbe Nobby Nics as all rounders
    Panaracer Razer,Michelin XCR dry,Conti Speedkings,or Schwalbe Racing Ralphs if you want to trade some grip for speed.

Good idea to ask in your local shop,and also local riders what they reccomend,as they will know what suit local conditions.

My Schwalbes are great here in Hertfordshire,but might not be my first choice if I lived in the Peak District.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • i just got some Geax Barro XC Marathon Enduro tyres on ma GT hardtail, and they are pretty good on all terrain
  • teacherman
    teacherman Posts: 454
    I'm doing xc riding/general trail riding. Gonna head up to Dalby sometime soon - last time i was there it was kinda sticky. Thanks for the advice everyone. :D
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf