New updates to the site

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
As you may have noticed, the main forum page has now been collapsed; you can view the last post made by category; you can add a quick reply; when you log in via the forum, you are returned to the forum, not the main homepage.

How wonderful 8)

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    it is much MUCH better. Congrats!

Its just a shame it took a while for it to come to pass like this and alot of people have left as a result... glad i stuck around
  • john ponting
    john ponting Posts: 491
    I go away for an hour and you make the single BEST change so far.

Thanks from the heart of my bottom.
  • spasypaddy
    there is only one thing missing now...

and thats to change where it says

Bikeradar Forum Index -> Road Beginners
    to
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Road -> Road Beginners

that would make the forum perfect in my opinion
  • lacuna
    lacuna Posts: 4,004
    You've made the new forum as easy to use as the old one. Congratulations? :?
    head_bar_solid.jpg
  • blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    spasypaddy wrote:

to

Aye, should have the full path to click on instead of having to go back out of MTB > Off Topic, just to go into sat MTB > rides.
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Nice one, like the 'last post by category' and the 'view last post' button now works in Firefox too.

It did take a very long time to do, but you are getting there.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    blacksun wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

to

Aye, should have the full path to click on instead of having to go back out of MTB > Off Topic, just to go into sat MTB > rides.

Was just about to suggest the very same, good job I read this thread before starting my own!
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    I agree, these are fine developments. Now, grasp the nettle and collapse 'Race', 'Pharmacy' and 'Pro Talk' into the one subject as it should be...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • Anonymous
    Now, grasp the nettle and collapse 'Race', 'Pharmacy' and 'Pro Talk' into the one subject as it should be...
    This is to come, rusty
  • How about a link to "View My Posts" to save having to search for them - or have I missed something ?

Marv
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    It's much better now thanks. I'm sure that people will either come back or not.
    ________
    Lung / Respiratory Disorders Advice
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • domtyler
    edited March 2011
    Still not perfect though, I would like to set road as my default so that it is always open and all the others are closed when I log in or just return to the forum homepage. And I would like to be able to click on the headers to open rather than have to click the small + to open the road forum. When I open one forum I would like the others to automatically collapse in order to keep things neat.

Thanks.
    ________
    Herbal Shop
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • Gavin Weeks
    Gavin Weeks Posts: 321
    thank_you_card.jpg

But till we have far more to come :D
  • domtyler wrote:
    Still not perfect though, I would like to set road as my default so that it is always open and all the others are closed when I log in or just return to the forum homepage.

We'd like that too, but it turns out not to be trivial in this forum environment. I gather it's being worked on.
    domtyler wrote:
    And I would like to be able to click on the headers to open rather than have to click the small + to open the road forum.

A very reasonable request that I've just added to the pile.
    domtyler wrote:
    When I open one forum I would like the others to automatically collapse in order to keep things neat.

Thanks.

It does. Open 'Road' then open 'MTB' and you'll see 'Road' is now collapsed.
    John Stevenson
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    And perhaps Cycling+ Office, MBUK Office, WMB Office should now be here under Bike Radar Office. Not under Road/Mountain Bike...
    Rich
  • spasypaddy
    what about implementing this:
    to

it cant be that hard to just edit the code slightly (in fact im sure its not!)!? it just keeps getting overlooked
  • spasypaddy

it's been requested, but I think for this round of changes the dev team went for big stuff (like the quick reply box) rather than smaller tweaks.
    John Stevenson
  • domtyler
    edited March 2011
    Cheers for the reply JS. The site is becoming better by the day. :D
    ________
    FERRARI F1 641 SPECIFICATIONS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • domtyler
    edited March 2011
    Also, another cycling forum that will remain nameless (rhymes with Michael Hat would be small clue though) has really cool menus that slide out at you, how come there are none of these here?
    ________
    MOTORRAD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • spasypaddy
    it's been requested, but I think for this round of changes the dev team went for big stuff (like the quick reply box) rather than smaller tweaks.
    cheers but its such a small bit of coding that it would take all of 2 minutes to implement!
  • Anonymous
    cheers but its such a small bit of coding that it would take all of 2 minutes to implement!

:lol: if only