specialized stuntjumper fsr frame

beastofackworth
beastofackworth Posts: 7
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
is there anyway i can just buy the above frame?specialized have said that i would have to buy the carbon version as they dont sell the std fsr frame on its own :evil: i dont really want to spend £1699 on the carbon frame as thats my whole budget gone

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    You can pick up the 06 Sworks model for a decent price these days. My LBS is selling one off at about £800 I think. Saying that, the Brain was always a bit of a love/hate thing on the 2006 models.

You could always try Ebay.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • would rather buy a new one if possible,i dont like buying other people's problems
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Well you will have to hunt for an old S-works model then as Specialized don't sell the frames.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • looks like i will just choose a different manufacturers frame as specialized cant supply what i want.is the reason they dont sell the frame because they make more money selling the bike complete?
  • The 2007 S-works in M5 (metal) was available as a frame only in the USA if you can stand going through all thats involved in importing the frame. I believe from what Spec. told me the warranty is still valid in the UK.
  • Rockhopper
    Rockhopper Posts: 503
    There are only certain frames that they sell. All the others are available as warranty replacements only.