Etape 2008, how do you enter?

Funguspunt
Funguspunt Posts: 33
Looks like you have to go through Sporting Tours and buy a package, but I seem to remember someone on this forum telling me last year that there was a way of getting just an entry (other than buying Cycling Velo!) and they gave me the web link. Anyone know if that is possible.

Also, what date will entries be taken?

M

Comments

• Entries wont be open until the route is anounced in October. Not sure about the entry only optiion unless you have friends or family in France who can get the entry details
  • Entries normally open (and close!) on January 31st
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    If you decide to book via a tour operator then you can usually book from September (before the route is announced!)

These are the UK operators:
    Sporting Tours
    Sports Tours International
    French Cycling Holidays
    Wheel 2 Wheel

I'd recommend getting in early if you want a "registration only" place. I booked this way last September through wheel 2 wheel.
    Rich
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    Sporting Tours didn't get back to me when I asked them about a entry only booking and wheel2wheel told me its on a first come first served basis for those that prebook but they didn't give me any information about prebooking.

Wheel2Wheel also told me they cant guarantee a entry only but can if I book a Etape training camp which I am not too sure about.

If anyone has any information to help me get a entry place the please pm me, I plan to make it apart of the holiday next year in France.

thankyou kindly :)
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Can anyone give me an idea of cost. I expect this is going to be out of my price range , How much is the trip likely to cost and how much should I expect to have to spend over and above this.
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I know you might have your heart set on this one event but there are other, almost identical rides. The Gran Fondo Campagnolo, the Ariegeoise or the deadly Marmotte are just as good, only you can probably buy cheap flights, hotels and car rental to ride all three of these for the same price of one Etape "coach n' roach motel" package.