anyone bought a boardman bike?

rockhoppergaz
rockhoppergaz Posts: 7
edited August 2007 in Workshop
Hi went to my local halfords and saw the new boardman bikes, have to say i liked them,good spec for the price and the finish looked very good.

anyone taken the plunge and shelled out for one?

would like to here if your pleased with it.

Comments

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    There is a thread in the gear section about this...
    Click here for it
  • rohloff-rich
    rohloff-rich Posts: 232
    Not sure that's the best thread to link to!! :lol:

The bikes look good, feel good and are well spec'd - if you take the plunge then either get it home and tweak everything yourself or (if you're not confident in doing that) take it to your LBS to tweak up. Halfords are known to be monkeys when it comes to bike assembly, UNLESS you happen to find one of the rare breed of bikehut mechanic who does actually know what he's doing and give a t0ss!

I rate them, and might have bought one if I hadn't of bought my 'dale the week before the Boardmans arrived on the scene.
    An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    I think you may have made a wise decision on the 'dale rohloff-rich. Cannondale and the Boardman are in another league IMO.

I think the Boardman bike problem lies in the fact that Halfords is the main dealer. Halfords reputation on these forums is not that good, servicing and customer service wise.
    Every winner has scars.
  • HungryCol wrote:
    I think you may have made a wise decision on the 'dale rohloff-rich. Cannondale and the Boardman are in another league IMO.

I think the Boardman bike problem lies in the fact that Halfords is the main dealer. Halfords reputation on these forums is not that good, servicing and customer service wise.

They are indeed and I was lucky to get full carbon and full 105 at a much cheaper price than the Boardman too!

However, I do think the Boardman bikes have a lot of potential - as you very rightly say their problem is in the retailer choice as I really don't think a £1300 'pro' bike from Halfords compares to the equivalent £1300 'dale / Scott / [insert any bike manufacturer's name here] regardless of the carbon stays, Ritchey kit and Ultegra group from a proper bike shop.
    An MTBer, but with skinny wheel tendencies...