Helmut For About 50 Quid!!??

steve23
steve23 Posts: 2,202
edited July 2007 in Workshop
im just a bout sick of my current helmet (Selev Alien), its become really uncomfortable for some reason, even after replacing the pads!!!

so, with a budget of about 50quid, what is the lightest and most "breathable" helmet i am likely to buy!?

ive heard the met helmets are good???

thanks! :D
_______________________________________________________________________________________
If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!

Comments

• fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Oddly enough I've just bought a new helmet for about 50 quid, last years Spesh Decibel from Wiggle, they only have small size left though (upto 57cm). Other than that, Chainreaction cycles have a decent selction of last years lids at knock down prices, like a Giro Pneumo (nice & light, well vented, used one for years) for 55 notes. No idea on Met though sorry, tried a Stradivarius on a few years ago and it was entirely the wrong shape for my head.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Gotta try the options out though. Helmets can vary wildly in fit.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Yes, unless you've tried them on before you have to suck up the price difference and use your LBS. Some people try them on there and buy them online afterwards, guess it depends on how brazen you are or how much you value your LBS's continued existence.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Sixty five quid will get you a Spiuk Nexion with a removable insect net and very nice they are too!