Bowling

heavymental
heavymental Posts: 2,076
edited August 2007 in The bottom bracket
Went 10 pin bowling last night. Can anyone make the ball curl like that guy in the Big Lebowski does when he's practicing near the end? How'd you do that!?

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!!!!
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Give it a good buff, then flick your wrist as you release.
  • heavymental
    shazzz wrote:
    Give it a good buff, then flick your wrist as you release.

hurhur :lol: :roll:

Is it possible on all lanes though? I read somewhere that the way the floor is waxed can affect it?
  • Ghost Donkey
    Ghost Donkey Posts: 914
    I think you need a softer compound ball. The ones the alley let you use are harder and more indestructable.
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    One of the guys at work bowls "competitively" according to him they also put a thin film of oil on the first half of the lane so that you can spin the ball savagely without it biting at first. This is how you get the really sudden movement on the latter part of the lane.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    In the Big Lebowski, isn't he wearing some kind of weird glove as well?
    Maybe you should get one :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • I think the main lesson from that film is don't lay in the bath listening to whale song unless you have thoroughly barricaded every door to the house.
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    bowling is like lying in the bath

It's all in the wrist :oops:

george
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    I can do it in Wii bowling.

But in real bowling, I haven't found the right level of drunk yet. I think it's about 2.3 pints... too little and the Englishman's physical reserve cramps my style, too much and I slide down the alley on my knees yelling "yeeha!"...
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • If you don't drink as much as you can you will lose.

After a poor, sober, showing in the first frame my mate and I decided to get down to some serious drinking. We then went on to absolutely tw*t everybody else with some very (perhaps overly) aggressive bowling.

Forget injecting someone else's blood, just drink lots of premium strength continental larger.

WARNING: Too much Continental Larger will impair your ability to attain excellence in sports.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Don't you have to put jelly beans near the wicket before you bowl?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • heavymental
    I think the drinking rule applies when playing pool too. I'm rubbish up to about the 4th sip of my second pint at which point I manage to pot a few in a row. Then again.....I still lose so maybe it just makes me think I'm good :roll:
  • i find this too, my pool playing is avereage till the end of the first pint then quite good till the end of the second after which it all falls apart,
    Cf
  • play proper english bowls and the darn things bend all by themselves. I'm not proud, but when I'm in my sixties I'm gonna spank everyone else!
    There's always one more idiot than you bargained for.
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    I can spin it, dont know how though :)
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness