Carrera Fury

simkna
simkna Posts: 26
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
I have just been to the Halfrauds website, and the price for the Fury seems to have gone back up to £499?

Damn.

Si.

Comments

• simkna
    Yup, just had it confirmed by my local shop.

So, with the help of Mr. Kellogs, £450.

Si.
  • Big n Daft
    Big n Daft Posts: 418
    Unlucky!

Still....£50 off is better than nowt.

Good old cornflakes!
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x42/ ... 3Small.jpg
  • Stxsas
    Stxsas Posts: 25
    yeah i did warn on a few threads, should have placed a deposit down. By still 10% off is better than nothing more or less.
    山地车 - Fury 07
  • simkna
    Completely missed the warnings, I'm afraid.

Seems like a strange day to put the price up - could understand if had been tomorrow.

Si.
  • AHHHHH absolutely gutted about this. I've been waiting for my cycle to work voucher to come through the post for the last week so i could buy the fury and at £450 that was above my budget but was just going to push myself a bit further and get it. First bit of sunshine and they hike the prices back up. Also contacted there customer services and i can't use the kelloggs voucher in conjunction with the cycle to work voucher. :(
    Anyone know when they will bring out the new range and drop the price on these again as i was looking forward to getting one of these.

Cheers

Bluenose
  • Big n Daft
    Big n Daft Posts: 418
    Your cycle to work voucher should give you a significant discount anyway....

I thought that was how it worked?

Try here for some idea of how much you might save: http://www.evanscycles.com/ride2work.jsp?item_id=423

It gave me on my reasonable salary (£20k +) a £500 bike for £214 for an example.

You can always go in and negotiate either a bit of discount or some free bits, Helmet etc...

Worth a try?
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x42/ ... 3Small.jpg
  • Stxsas
    Stxsas Posts: 25
    bluenose2000 try go into the store and try with the voucher and kelloggs voucher, they might get confused and put them both through, worth a try if you wanted a Fury anyway.
    山地车 - Fury 07
  • lzb
    lzb Posts: 15
    I have been told (at more than one store) than any discounts do not apply when using the Cyclescheme. I was even told in one shop that they would usually throw in quite a few of the extras I was getting but as I was buying on the Cyclescheme they could not do this.

Apparently they pay the cyclescheme a percentage of what you spend so cannot discount too.
  • simkna
    I see now that though the price of the Fury has gone up, the price of the Aggressor XC1 has come down, meaning they are within a fiver of each other (~£450 with voucher). Surely this means the GT is worth a punt, no?
    Which would you go for, Fury or GT?

Si.
  • dcp1975
    dcp1975 Posts: 739
    Fury all the way mate....better specced for the dosh! :wink: