Contador the Rookie

pat1cp
pat1cp Posts: 766
edited July 2007 in Pro race
According to Imlach and Boardman Contador is the first rookie winner of the tour since Laurent Fignon (i think).

I thought he rode the tour in 2005 for the now defunct Liberty team.

Who's right ???

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • skut
    skut Posts: 371
    That's just what I was thinking when I watched the highlights last night!

A shocking lack of knowledge....
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    This hasn't been a passing comment either. They've been bleating on about it for a few days now. Thanks chaps. I'd looked up his palmeres and that confirmed what i thought, but I needed confirmation from someone like Iain just to be 100%.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    They think cos he won the white jersey he is a rookie, but of course that is for any rider under 24 not just rookies. Raise your game Imlach.
    <a>road</a>
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Alby definitely rode before. I backed him to win in 05 and then again in 06.

Then Puerto happened.

Didn't back him in 07 as I didn't want to cheer him on.

Bit stupid really as who tf knows who's clean anyway?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • K Blackwell
    K Blackwell Posts: 1,539
    Timoid. wrote:
    Alby definitely rode before. I backed him to win in 05 and then again in 06.

Then Puerto happened.

Didn't back him in 07 as I didn't want to cheer him on.

Bit stupid really as who tf knows who's clean anyway?
    Well, my wife and son backed him and other friends and relatives. The collective return is about £5,000.

They got various odds of between 25 and 28 to 1. The faves were short odds, so I told them to back Contador. My vote for him was due to his aggressive riding in Paris - Nice, especially on the final stage. Nice to see someone attacking as opposed to wheelsucking.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    That isn't the only mistake the ITV crew were repeatedly making. Before he got chucked out, Boardman was constantly chirping on about Rasmussen's disasterous TT "last year". Did my head in.