Our office got broken into

powenb
powenb Posts: 296
edited July 2007 in Campaign
They think it was kids who were looking for cash (we are a finance office) but we don't keep any in the office.
They went through everyone's drawers and chucked stuff around.
They took some change that people had left in their drawers, and the only other thing they took was my wash bag !!!
It had baby wipes in it, an anti-persperant stick and some CK obsession.
Now that means I can't bike to work this week as I can't clean up when I get there.
Flamin' typical.

Comments

• blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    Buy another antiperspirant stick, more baby wipes and a new bottle of CK stuff, maybe?
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    you could always buy some new deodorant and baby wipes...
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    Bike in, and smell until your personal property is returned/replaced by your companies insurance, shouldn't take more than a week- less if your boss has a sesitive nose!
  • powenb
    powenb Posts: 296
    blacksun wrote:
    Buy another antiperspirant stick, more baby wipes and a new bottle of CK stuff, maybe?

Seems like a great idea, but can't get any before next week, so will have to drive this week.
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    Sorry for your loss.

Why can't you go to a shop before next week though? Do you live on one of those little islands in Scotland that only have one boat to the mainland per week?
    ________
    SUZUKI BOULEVARD M50 HISTORY
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...ride in and smell...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • owaingibby
    owaingibby Posts: 240
    I think I'd ride in and smell.

You've got an excuse as to why you'll smell as well!!
  • bobajobrob
    bobajobrob Posts: 212
    powenb wrote:
    Now that means I can't bike to work this week as I can't clean up when I get there.
    Flamin' typical.

If you get that excited riding to work, it's probably best to choose an alternate form of transport. :D

Seriously, just go with it, it's only stale sweat that smells. As long as you use deodorant and have at least one shower per day you shouldn't smell too bad.
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    domtyler wrote:
    Sorry for your loss.

Why can't you go to a shop before next week though? Do you live on one of those little islands in Scotland that only have one boat to the mainland per week?

The kids must have stole the boat. :shock:
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    powenb wrote:
    It had baby wipes in it, an anti-persperant stick and some CK obsession.
    Flamin' typical.

Breaking NEWS:
    Police have picked-up the scent of a petty thief who smells like a tart's boudoir... whilst local cyclist complains of increased numbers of flies on his ride to work and place of work ... :wink:

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1