Critical Mass, Last friday of the month

mrmanben
mrmanben Posts: 18
edited July 2007 in Commuting chat
For rider, commuter, racer or enthusiast of cycling go to your local Critical Mass on the last friday of the month. Great fun, great socail forum too. Pretty much every city in the world has one.

Mine is in Edinburgh at 5:30 at the mound. Hope to see some of you there. Ben :)
Any man who lives within his means lacks imagination
Oscar Wilde

Comments

• Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Just to make it clear, it is meet at 5.30 AM and start at 6am! Not sure I can drag my self from bed that early, shame it couldn't be PM.
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    Hairy Jock wrote:
    Just to make it clear, it is meet at 5.30 AM and start at 6am! Not sure I can drag my self from bed that early, shame it couldn't be PM.

It must be a mistake surely, this web sitesays its PM?
  • bobbobadobob
    bobbobadobob Posts: 206
    Mines PM - 6PM in manchester - my first time there tonight!

finish work in 5 and riding straight there!
    Good one in London last night. Good turnout, interesting route, quite a few stayed in until about 9.00. There was a little incident on Park Lane involving a sound system (which it turned out was due to the nature of the lyrics rather than the sound per se) but the police were great. They stopped the traffic, explained what was going on to the sometimes bemused onlookers and generally worked hard and got into the spirit of the thing. One of the best bits was a BMW which turned in among the bikes from a side road and started being fairly impatient and aggressive. A few of us rode very, very slowly ahead and on both sides and next I knew was a police bike stopping him and giving a good talking to - much laughter all round.

Next time I'm taking the tandem with the 7 year old on the back. He'll love it.

Has to be one of the best ways to spend a Friday evening - chill out on a pleasant amble around central London, chatting to mates (or anyone around you).
  • Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Aidocp wrote:
    Hairy Jock wrote:

It must be a mistake surely, this web sitesays its PM?

Damm missed it... Oh well there is always next month.
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.
  • adifiddler
    adifiddler Posts: 113
    I think more places should have these rides.

The next time i come up to London i might bring my bike and join one.
    No 1 fan in the jonesy124 Fan Club
  • bobbobadobob
    bobbobadobob Posts: 206
    loved the manchester one - until i got a flat and didn't have anything to repair it with - teaches me a lesson!

taking the hardtail next month if i can - might save me getting the train home early!