Chesterfield Mountain bikers

Rockhopper
Rockhopper Posts: 503
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Anyone around the Chesterfield area do sunday ride outs? I'm looking for something not too advanced! I used to have a great gang, did some great rides with a very wide range of abilities. Many tea and cake stops, so I'm looking for something similar.
I'd be prepared to organise a group myself of anyone is interested.

Paul.

Comments

• Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    Doesn't 'Lovewales' llive around chesterfield???
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    She does indeed, and thats close to Dax's group too and the Sheffield/peak riders.
  • Rockhopper
    Lovewales - does she post on here?
  • daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    I'm getting withdrawal symptons, must go out and ride, lol.

Chesterfield is 20-30 mins up M1 from me.
    rockhopperwmb, I'm usually at wharny (most of the time), FTD (cannock) or if I fancy an easy ride sherwood Pines (very flat compare to Wharny)

Looking to do the Ladybower classic + figure of 8 (includes the Beast) very soon. trying to get a few people together espcially those who have done it a few times. As I've only been round Lb once before, so I have no idea where I'm going.
    Worst case, I'll follow the GPS and probably find myslelf in the res, lol.

A lot of people have said the classic is a great ride, I think it's around 35K
    Dave - Spin instructor
    I am based in Cutthorpe near Chesterfield and need to find a group to ride weekends/evenings. I have done most dark peak routes as i used to live in sheffield. Like to explore the white peak a bit more. Fancy the odd trip to wales/sctotland as well. Have transport as well.

Ben
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Rockhopper
    Cool, looks like we are getting a few interested people here!
    Ben, we often go up towards Cutthorpe on our thursday night ride. I work in Hasland and there are five or six of us who work at the same office. At the moment we are doing Peaks rides but during the winter we do Cutthorpe and other local rides.
  • daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    I'll be at cannock FTD on Sun. Birches valley at 10.30 a few of us meeting up, more than welcome to join
    Dave - Spin instructor
    rockhopperwmb if you are up Cutthorpe way i own the Peacock Inn, i am usually to be found round the back fiddling with my bikes (much to the wifes annoyance!). Not much riding around here but have ventured out towards Baslow and Chatsworth where there are some good routes.

I am up for night rides or any regular trip out you have, (shifts allowing).

Ben
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Rockhopper
    Hi Ben and thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

A mountain biker who owns a pub, what more could i want!

Paul.
  • big_tex_uk
    big_tex_uk Posts: 183
    Whats more tempting is the 4 acres of land i own with it that i let caravans on, its so dying for some dirt jumps or something to play on.......

Sod the caravaners