This place.........

Eat My Dust
Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
.........is getting better every day. It's like a breath of fresh air, with lots of new forumers!!

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    :D ...yep I agree...(and us old ones as well :wink: )
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::wink:
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    How many posts do you have to have to be considered an "old forum tart" then?

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Sorry EMD, I'm persevering here but it's really not working for me. :cry:

Not sure I can hold-on much longer...

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    I'm getting used to it more and welcome the "new blood" so to speak but like Fb Foodie, i'm persevering rather than relishing.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I seem to find myself not bothering with most sections other than Race, can't even remember when I posted on Cake Stop and Soapbox which used to be my most regular haunts. I may post one or two replies but nothing like previously. I can't really get into cyclechat either. I have posted on ACF for a while and that has remained constant as it is good for audax, but there ain't the same 'feeling' as the old C+ although I have met some really great people on ACF.

C+ used to be my "home", whereas now I fell like a bit of a squatter in various places where I feel as if I am transient. :?
  • redrobbo
    redrobbo Posts: 727
    Hiya,

I think it sucks.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Noodley wrote:
    C+ used to be my "home", whereas now I fell like a bit of a squatter in various places where I feel as if I am transient. :?
    That sums-up my feelings entirely. I've really lost/missed that C+ vibe and the alternatives (good as they are) just don't quite give me the same "fix".

Race is pretty busy right now (the most active bit of the old C+ forum), but how that will fare when the TDF is over and the nights draw-in is anybodies guess, Cake-Stop and Soapbox are quiet backwaters and I've lost my enthusiasm for Beginners and Know-how.
    I'll squat a while longer.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I kind of view it as moving house or, probably more like, a newly built estate: new people are moving in all the time, everyone's getting to know each other, no-one knows if it's going to be a 'good' place or a 'bad' place and it's still being built. The local amenities are good, but still being built, and will only be as successful as the use and contribution we make of/to them. It's more like a community than just a forum, IMO, and offers a lot more than just a forum.

Even the ex-C+ers that come back on occassion's the same as moving house - you tend to return to your old haunts for a while until you get used to your new home.

I like change. I think it's, generally, a good thing. I'm enjoying watching the BR fora evolve and grow - as evolving and growing it is!.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Speaking of in-progress construction, there will be more changes early next week, like a quick reply box, among other things
    John Stevenson
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Speaking of in-progress construction, there will be more changes early next week, like a quick reply box, among other things

Does that mean that I might just occasionally manage to make a post without having to log in a couple of times? (y'know ... slow one finger typist, looking out of the widow, make a mug of tea etc. etc) :wink:
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • Bunnyman 5.5
    Bunnyman 5.5 Posts: 133
    You can manage one finger?you're a genius! :idea: 8) :lol::):D
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I think its better without all the moany C+ lot :lol:
  • broachboy
    broachboy Posts: 429
    McBain_v1 wrote:

Is that like being a credit card tart, when you swop from card to card :?: :wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    broachboy wrote:
    McBain_v1 wrote:

Is that like being a credit card tart, when you swop from card to card :?: :wink:

I've know plenty of women like that :roll:
  • broachboy
    broachboy Posts: 429
    broachboy wrote:
    McBain_v1 wrote:

I've know plenty of women like that :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

yeah they do tend to do that - don't they :cry:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Ahhh....this place is getting better. Quick reply box and easier to navigate through the options on the main page. Hopefully things will start picking up a bit more now. Maybe we'll even get a few exiles back!?
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    :D 8) ...yeah, and I like the news page to...have to admit it's getting better :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...