Secret Forum Browsing

stage_fright
stage_fright Posts: 218
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
Just out of curiousity...how many of us who have posted on this forum during the day are doing so from work? The mention of alternative uses for the mouse cable in another thread made me wonder.

I am fortunate enough to have web access from the office, and thinking about it tend to post more in the day then at home in the evenings.

So - who is at home - and who is breaking all sorts of company policies and guidelines to be here?
Chocolate makes your clothes shrink

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I very rarely post on here when I'm at home. Almost all of my 3000+ posts have been done on company time!!
  • Thantos
    Thantos Posts: 533
    I'm at work for 8 and 1/2 hours a day.
    On average 8 hours and 29 minutes are spent browsing the internet. :twisted:
  • I'm at work at the moment - hang on somebody's just come into the office. They're walking up to my work station. He's saying he's going to accompany me out of the building. Oh oh. This cou
    <font size="1">What\'s the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don\'t know -and I don\'t care.</font id="size1">
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    At work exclusively. Only 56k at home :oops:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I wonder how many working hours are lost to Internet forums? The guy who sits next to me posts frenetically on a disco music forum - so I guess there's one for every subject.
  • jonno789
    jonno789 Posts: 46
    Yeah i am at work and most of my post are in my bosses time :D
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    At work but cumulative time spent reading and posting during the day does not add up to the unpaid overtime. With regard to policies and procedures... yes probably breaking most of them! In fact I often wonder if IT can monitor time spend on the net per employee, I already know they can see websites visited. "Just because the page is open doesn't mean I'm looking at it ALL the time. I have numerous applications open on my desktop at one time." (just getting the counter argument ready in my head!)
    Every winner has scars.
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    I'm retired now :lol: But I need time to :- Ride, eat/drink, Do a few 'chores', Crap, Ride a bit more, Wander around the garden, Stand at the front gate to see what's going on, etc, etc. Don't know how I find time to play on here :roll:
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    I would never browse the Internet or post on forums at work!
    What a socking suggestion, don't believe a work IT say about my internet history, I'm too busy watching the weather through the huge windows! :D
  • lardarse rider
    lardarse rider Posts: 1,447
    The web use monitoring server thingy is currently down at my work. I have spent the last few weeks hitch hiking along the internet super highway on the firms time. Lord knows what I am gonna do with myself when they have fixed it :cry:

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    Seem to be in a minority here. I have internet accesss at work but have never used it for personal interests. It's not that I'm a goody-goody, just don't have enough time to get done all that I'm responsible for, let alone have a break or actually enjoy being at work.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad