Cannock Chase Thursday afternoon

tagmnbagm
tagmnbagm Posts: 111
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
A couple of us are going to Cannock Chase on Thursday Afternoon. We'll probably do the dog, and then some free ride, any one up for it? 8)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.

Comments

• mattcatmur
    mattcatmur Posts: 88
    Hi tagmnbagm, sorry missed the tag until just, would have joined you. I do 4 on, 4 off at work so get week days for riding a lot. let me know if you wanna ride Cannock. I do Clent, Wales, Wyre Forest and Cannock usually. I`m in Mon -Fri next wk.....how was the chase yesterday.....assuming you didn`t drown..? :?
  • tagmnbagm
    Needless to say, very wet. The first section of the dog was taped off, some forrestry work apparently. But the rest of the trail held up well. Will be going up again this afternoon (Sucker for punishment) should be there between 3 & 4 if you can make it? 8)
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.
  • daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    If you're going next Thurs, I'll be up for it, my contract finishes on Tue so have quite a lot of spare time now.

Let me know what the format is, need to decide to take the Nitrous or Enduro
    Dave - Spin instructor

Yeah, think I'll be going next Thursday. Usually do the Dog, then off to explore the chase. Not really into DH, but normally willing to go with the flow. What time would suit? :)
  • mattcatmur
    guys, can`t make next thurs, Fri is good though...
  • tagmnbagm
    Hi,

I work 4 on 4 off as well. Can manage next Friday. What time good for you? :)
  • daxion
    Thurs would be better for me, but might be able to manage Fri
    Dave - Spin instructor

I can do both Thursday and Friday. Just let me know what day, and what time wil suit. :?:
  • mattcatmur
    1pm Friday`s good for me guys.....meet @ Birches Valley - Swinnertons hut?
  • tagmnbagm
    I can make that. I'll be on my gunmetal grey Spesh Xc, an my mate will either be on his new cannondale, or a BeOne Dh bike. What am I lookin out 4? :)
  • mattcatmur
    I`ll be on my gunmetal grey Spesh Epic Pro !! See you there mate[/i]
  • tagmnbagm
    Nice one Matt..see you there. 8)
  • hi matt where you been? if anyones interested, me and a mate are going over cannock chase tomorrow morning (sun 29/07/07). Not sure where, we're gonna start at German war cemetry and have a wonder at about 10am. Matt are you still interested in Wolverhampton Marathon cycle race?
    Where'd that bloody Deer appear from?

My Bike plus Cannock Chase: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8222097@N03/492524919/
  • daxion
    I was going to Wharny but could come over your way, not been to Cannock for some time.

I'll be a bit slower than you on the HTs as I'll have to bring the FR bike. Enduro still in bits - waiting for a new seat and post - last ride at Wharny my seat broke.

Where the is the German War cem? Only ever been to Birches Valley

For next Thur 11.00 start would be good for me. I would need to leave around 3.30-4.00 - it's an 1hr drive home.
    Dave - Spin instructor

• daxion
    Sat NAV and GPS

Where abouts are you? PM me.

I think my busted seat might just last a ride round FTD without impailing me again.
    It's a little loose and just held on by the post clamp. I-beam system.

H, see you at Birches valley outside Swinnertons 10.30
    Dave - Spin instructor
  • hi matt, marathon is sun 2nd sept. unfortunately got no weekdays off for a while, let me know when you have a weekend free. if you want marathon entry form, pm me your address and i'll pop form in post, cheers m8

Daxion, cheers for an eventful ride sunday, hope to see you soon, cheers m8
    Where'd that bloody Deer appear from?

• daxion
    IT was a bit of a laugh, how many times did we get lost? Lol

I'm sure you have a magnet for finding big puddles and mud :)

Need to find some more trails on from that bit of single track after the caravan park.

Anyone else know that area?
    Dave - Spin instructor
  • daxion
    Hi,
    First time I've been to the chase this year, used to do the FTD quite a lot but got bored of it.

I can usually make it at weekends. However my contract just finished so I'm quite a bit of smare time now, until I get another contract.

Let me know next you're riding, see if we can meet up
    Dave - Spin instructor