Cinelli 64's and 26mm alternatives?

bigflangesmallsprocket
bigflangesmallsprocket Posts: 2,443
edited July 2007 in Workshop
I've just switched from a Cinelli 1A to a Nitto 26mm stem, so have also changed bars (to Cinelli nerve). I don't really get on with the new bars and would much rather have a 26mm version of the 64. Anybody know if they or a similar (shallow) classic bar exist in the 26mm fit?

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    FSA, Ritchey and Deda are all producing bars in a 'classic' bend - not sure in a 26mm though.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,161
    I think www.campyoldy.com have stock of the Cinelli bars.
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    If you think you've got problems try looking for a modern equivalent of the Cinelli 65!!! :(
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Just checked campyoldy, and their cinelli stuff is all 26.4, which I have already. Hubjub do Nitto track bars, (26mm I think) but I reckon theyre a fair bit deeper than 65's

I'll check out those other sites for info on the bars, cheers.

• Tom753
    Tom753 Posts: 737
    Deda 215 are available in trad shallow and deep drops and are 26mm.
  • Thanks for that. The Deda 215 classic looks to be exactly what I want. The tops start to curve in a tad sooner than the 64's but you cant have everything. The short reach and shallow drop wont do my back any harm at all, and help me reach my non-ergo levers more easily. Just found a pair for sale claiming 25.8 bulge, but I can still shim out the bar-clamp on the stem.