The Englishman who is leading the Tour de France

megilleland
megilleland Posts: 786
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
Here's some good news and he's British. I hope Luke finishes and sets an example to other cyclists. Providing of course his caffeine levels are not too high!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story ... 56,00.html

Caffeine, odorless, slightly bitter alkaloid found in coffee, tea, kola nuts (see cola), ilex plants (the source of the Latin American drink maté), and, in small amounts, in cocoa (see cacao). It can also be prepared synthetically from uric acid. While relatively harmless, it is the most commonly used mind-altering drug in the world. When used in moderation, caffeine acts as a mild stimulant to the nervous system, blocking the neurotransmitter adenosine and resulting in a feeling of well-being and alertness. It increases the heart rate, blood pressure, and urination and stimulates secretion of stomach acids; excessive intake can result in restlessness, insomnia, and heart irregularities. The effects of caffeine vary from person to person, as people excrete it at different rates. Physical dependence and unpleasant symptoms upon withdrawal (headache, fatigue, depression) are common in regular caffeine users.

just joking!!!!!
The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...what a hero. I hope he succeeds... :):)
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Superb.

The guys a legend
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    Chapeau !
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    A sorted bloke 8)

Allez, Allez, Allez!!!
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Good lad! - Hope BBC, ITV et-al pick up on this positive piece of endevour. Riding the Tour solo without a peloton to sweep you along is just awesome, especially for an amature cyclist. Proper hero I reckon.

How about a feature in the next C+, chaps? Something to enspire and cheer us all up after the shittyest TdF since last year.

NSC