Lake District, 3 Passes, 28th July

chemdog
chemdog Posts: 31
edited August 2007 in MTB rides
Posted across on uk mtb and thought I'd open the invitation here...

Theres a few of us out this Saturday (from ridethelakes.co.uk) to do the 3 passes in the Lake District, Gatescarth, Nan Bield then Garburn. Its a 40km loop with just over 1500m of ascent and will only be attempted in non deadly weather.

I think we're planning on starting out from Wheelbase and probably start somewhere between 930 and 1030, but I'll confirm closer to the time.

Its an open invitation but with a word of caution, its a pretty hardcore route (from what I've heard anyways) so expect lots of pushing/carrying and some occasional scrambling. The descents are apparently some of the best in the Lakes.

Iain

Comments

• I did it last year in treacherous conditions, must have taken us 45mins to walk up to top of Nan Bield bikes on back! I loved it some of us hated it.
    However the descent was amazing though I did go over the bars, as it was very wet, very technical, very windy and I was very under braked.

Experienced riders only

If you get good weather, it'll be awesome :D
  • chemdog
    have you got any photos Karlos?

I'm planning on taking the helmet cam so should hopefully get some cracking footage weather permitting.

Iain
  • nodrog2
    nodrog2 Posts: 3,125
    Would love to join you Iain but i'm working this saturday, maybe if you fancy the route again on a sunday next month somethime then i'd be up for it.
  • Sorry no photos, you couldn't see anything for mist and drizzle!

Good forecast for this weekend though, well in Yorkshire it is.

Have fun.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Done those passes separately - that is a tough route. Good luck (I'm washing my hair).
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • chemdog
    done already, was an excellent ride despite being a long one, footage here;

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 9218645085

and ride report at ridethelakes.co.uk

Iain