Blatant Forum Abuse

Stig-OT-Dump
Stig-OT-Dump Posts: 61
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
This coming weekend my boy will be cycling 100km to raise money for Cyclists Fighting Cancer - as long as he is able to get out of hospital. If not he will be doing it the first available weekend after his next discharge (that sounds wrong - but you know what I mean).

He is currently in remission from Leukaemia but still undergoing chemo and stuff, and at the moment is under observation. The bike that CFC gave him has been fantastic for getting him active again, and particularly for getting back into the hills, which he loves. It was his idea to tackle this ride.

If you'd like to leave an inspirational message of support for him on this thread, I'd like to show it to him just before we head off and give him a boost.

If you visit www.justgiving.com/kingdom and donate a few quid, you'd give him a boost, and CFC, and help other kids affected by Cancer and that'd be tops too!

Cheers in advance, & I hope no-one objects to this abuse of the forum.

Joe's dad Stig

Comments

• Hi Joe,

I don't know how old you are, and I guess it doesn't really matter - get out on that bike and go for it :D

I rode the British Cyclosportive for Breast Cancer Research, in support of a close collegue of mine, whos wife has been diagnosed about 3 months ago.

Not knowing you or your situation, there is little I can offer in way of encouragement, other than to tell you to listen to all the cliches everyone else is telling you! You know the ones "Lance Armstrong had cancer and look what he did", "You've got so much to live for" etc etc etc blah blah blah - its all good stuff! 8)

Good luck with the ride - make sure you or Stig keeps the board updated.

Jacomus
    Sweat saves blood.
    Erwin Rommel
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    Good luck joe...Give em Hell brother!!
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Hi Joe,

good luck on the 100k! - I'm sure you will be setting a record pace.

we're all behind you mate

graham
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...Good Luck Joe...keep fighting, keep going forward, keep those pedals turning, really go for it...we are all stronger than we think... :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    good luck ok
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    good luck ok
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • MrKawamura
    MrKawamura Posts: 192
    Hi Joe. Apologies in advance for my rubbish poem and good luck for the 100k.

Come on Joe
    It's a long way to go
    Keep the pedals turning
    And not too slow

If you put the hammer down though
    Your legs'll be burning
    Not too fast
    Keep the pedals turning.
  • The good news is he's out of hospital again - looks like it was just a reaction to the chemo and not an infection or some other bad thing.

We are still on course to start at 10.00 on Sunday

Fingers crossed

Stig

ps - thanks for the messages so far