Wolverhampton Challenge Sunday 29th July

broachboy
broachboy Posts: 429
Hi forumgoers, any of you up for the Wolverhampton Challenge on Sunday 29th :?: organised by Wolverhampton Racing Club, and before you ask the challenge isn't getting out of Wolverhampton before you get mugged etc :lol: Start is Pattingham village hall approx 8.30am, registration on the day is available I believe..

ride safe
Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018

Comments

• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Undecided at the moment, I have an entry form sitting at home.

What distance is it ? The entry form doesn't say
  • broachboy
    Hi STE,

I had an entry form through the post but have miss laid it, so it looks like I am gonna stump up the extra £2 :shock: and sign on at the start. Not sure on the mileage, the route may have changed - it has been the same for the past 2 years, correct me if I'm wrong approx 72 miles :roll: for the previous 2
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    If it's £2 extra to register on the day, what is the basic cost ?

Haven't ridden much of late but managed 60 mls on Sunday therefore not too big a step up. Could be tempted if the route seems attractive - wherabouts does it go ?
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • broachboy
    Morning cycologist

Sorry I forgot to mention the basic cost was £5 :roll: the route is a bit of a grey area as for the past 2 years it has been the same run out to Church Stretton and back, but I am not sure if the route is different for this year, as I am not from the promoting club (WRCC) but from the 'Wheelers' and I cannot find any contact info anywhere on the web, maybe STE_S could let us know the contact info off his entry form :?: :wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • Ste_S
    Organiser is Gil Parkes, can be contacted on 07949841578

BBC are currently predicting heavy rain for Sunday :(
  • broachboy
    Ste_S wrote:
    Organiser is Gil Parkes, can be contacted on 07949841578

BBC are currently predicting heavy rain for Sunday :(

Steve, check this out... :?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

the rain has gone from heavy to light on Sunday as I type 8) :wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • Ste_S
    Not too bad at all then.

Heavy rain would of probably counted me out with this cold I've picked up from my lovely nephews.
  • cycologist
    BBC are currently predicting heavy rain for Sunday

Shgould be fine and dry then !
  • Ste_S
    cycologist wrote:

And it was !

I didn't go in the end, but ended up going for a nice 40mile ride in the sunshine around lunchtime.

Did anyone go ? How was it ?
  • broachboy
    Ste_S wrote:
    cycologist wrote:

And it was !

I didn't go in the end, but ended up going for a nice 40mile ride in the sunshine around lunchtime.

Did anyone go ? How was it ?

I went, and the weather was great - well compared to recently it was awesome, even managed to tan me forearms, knees and forehead :oops: I didn't complete the whole route though, after the feed stop at Bourton and the climb onto Wenlock Edge, I ducked out and turned right back into Much Wenlock back towards home, while the hard guys tackled the Mid Shrops countryside and therest of the challenge.... :wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • cycologist
    I also went and managed to finish OK. In fact I was amazed how well I did considering that the furthest ive ridden of late was 65 mls. Including riding to and from the start/finish I managed to clock up 87 miles. The climb out of Ironbridge up Coalport Bank was a bit tough though !
  • Ste_S
    I did Coalport Bank on a Wheelers run last month. Certainly opens the lungs up :wink:
  • broachboy
    cycologist wrote:
    I also went and managed to finish OK. In fact I was amazed how well I did considering that the furthest ive ridden of late was 65 mls. Including riding to and from the start/finish I managed to clock up 87 miles. The climb out of Ironbridge up Coalport Bank was a bit tough though !

well done cycologist :wink:

I also took in Coalport Bank :twisted: on my Much Wenlock - Ironbridge - Albrighton - Codsall route, its a bugger int it :?: after the initial sharp climb at the start, you get a short levelling out before that nasty rise round the left hand bend :cry:

Good training climb though :shock: :? :cry: :evil:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018