Has anyone seen him this year?

mr_hippo
mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
edited July 2007 in Pro race
We only get the 30 minute 'Paul & Phil Show' during the TdF but so far this year we have not seen Didi Senft, was he there?

Comments

• Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    yes, he was even attacked by a cow at one point.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Hi Mr Hippo

We were thinking the same here,even when watching the full day Eurosport coverage they are not giving the devil as much coverage this year, I have seen him only once , a quick flash only.

george
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Noodley wrote:
    yes, he was even attacked by a cow at one point.
    .............luckily it was not fatal (for the cow of course) :wink:
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    jibi wrote:

I have seen him only once , a quick flash only.

george

Yikes!!! He's turning into a dirty old man.
  • john ponting
    john ponting Posts: 491
    He's been shown several times - even interviewed F2F at one point. He 'explained' that he is now sponsored.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    He 'explained' that he is now sponsored.

Who the hell would sponsor someone to stand by the side of the road dressed in a red lycra bodysuit with horns and a trident? Rightguard?
  • Echappee
    Echappee Posts: 79
    I think they the TV aren't giving him as much exposure in order to discourage copycats.

This year, there's been borat, the guy in the chicken costume, the guy with the american football helemt and longhorns and the usual assorted 'runners'

All good fun but spectators and unrestrained ringside access to le tour make for many potential accidents....
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    Bronzie wrote:
    He 'explained' that he is now sponsored.

Who the hell would sponsor someone to stand by the side of the road dressed in a red lycra bodysuit with horns and a trident? Rightguard?
    That would be an apt choice. :lol:

From what I've heard, that bodysuit gets a bit "high" by the end of the Tour. :shock:
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • Mr Bumble
    Mr Bumble Posts: 572
    I think Didi has been marginalised by the more outrageous and explicit 'runners' this year...

There is The Borat, and I saw a guy dressed up as a giant Phallus...

I just hope that Didi does not appear next year in a thong with a waxed beard and Raybans!!!!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I've seen him a few times on Eurosport's coverage, and you sometimes see his tridents painted on the road without actually seeing him.

David Harmon has said that his sponsorship contract has been cancelled this year because of all the doping stuff. This year I think he was sponsored by LuK clutches and last year he wore an all-green outfit because he was sponsored by a natural gas company.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Perhaps he's just now too famous (infamous?) to get a real mention and a lingering camera shot. He usually lurks about the 20km to go mark
    I saw him some years back, near Liege, he'd got a huge bike, hung with the LuK logo, to tow along behind his campervan. I think ProCycling interviewed him some years back, he makes his money by building such large promotional cycles and does absolutely stink after 3 weeks without a decent shower!
    His wife has accompanied him some years, dressed as a female devil.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Someone dressed as a giant phallus :lol:
    Anyone got any pics?

That bloke in a full chicken outfit on the mountain stage was hilarious. As was the dude in a thong (not Borat).l

The Devil has just become too big a part of the Tour story I reckon. The media is bored of him. UK TV covered him for a few years before losing interest. He still gets the odd shot or two.

And lets not forget his counterpart, the Angel - some Italian dude.
  • Langenberg
    Langenberg Posts: 453
    ACtually, Didi is losing his sponsor LUK (I think they make clutches or other car parts something) for next year due to the doping issues... a sign of things to come?
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    I too saw the guy in the d1ck custume.

He had giant bulbouse clown type shoes on, like a giant pair of plums. :lol:

Top.

Borat in the banana thong running with Astana jersey over his head is not a sight I will easily forget :? :shock:
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Saw him in London at the team presentations. Lots of people were getting photos with him. Sort of wish I had got one too, but at the time we were in a rush to get to the train station.