Race Thread: Stage 15, Foix - Loudenvielle (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    afx237vi wrote:
    w00t, 5 pts for Ridgerider

How the hell did that happen!!!

I kept off here incase I spooked him, but I did not get much work done this afternoon.

WHY did Vino have to have a good day today?

:roll:

Me in the ptp is a bit like Vino on this stage...going down in a blaze of glory!!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Earthbound
    Earthbound Posts: 109
    Fantastic to see 2 great climbers knocking lumps out of each other.

I sense a very pro-dicovery flavour to this thread - no idea why, under Armstrong they nullified exactly the type of existement we're seeing this year from Astana, Rasmussen and Contador. Currently for Disco Leipheimer's rubbish and what's happened to Hincapie since Armstrong left? Contador is magnificent though.

Everyone seems very anti Rassmussen her which is unfair, his attacking in the mountains has been exciting his perfromance in the TT on Saturday was, for him, superb, quite a contrast to a couple, of years ago when he had 2 punctures 3 mecahnicals and fell in the ditch!

I don't rate and have never rated Cadel Evans, he's the dullest rider in the tour, never attacks, just sits in trying to minimize any loss and take time in the TT. This sort of activity reduces all the excitement of the tour and reduces it to a risk management activity for the accountants.

Rassmussens's attacks on Sunday to break Evans, but not Contador, when all the others were dropped , are the stuff we want to see from a yellow jersey rather than sitting there daring others to attack. You wouldn't see that from Evans if he was leader. Also Boogerd and Dekker have been briliant support, Discovery spent too much time early onm supporting that halfwit Leipheimer as team leader when it should have been Conbtador all along.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Earthbound wrote:
    Discovery spent too much time early onm supporting that halfwit Leipheimer as team leader when it should have been Conbtador all along.

Is that the halfwit in 4'th place at the moment? No one knew how Contador would react to the 3rd week of a Grand Tour and Levi has shown he can ride into the top 10.

He's played a good team mate and there doesn't seem to have been public disageeements.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.