Cwmcarn - Trwch Trail advice

Coolnick
Coolnick Posts: 380
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
I'm going down to Bristol to stay with mate who's a bit mad when it comes to biking and has no fear. He wants to take me to CwmCarn to do the Trwch Trail. I would like some impartial advice on how difficult it really is to ride, how fit do I need to be and will my Rockhopper survive the trail ok? It only looks a shortish trail, but sounds difficult. Don't want to end the trail with a broken bike and brown pants!! ha ha
Boardman HT Comp 2012>
Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012

Comments

• neilmac
    neilmac Posts: 22
    There's nothing to stop you going round Cwm Carn. The climb is quite technical so you may have to get off & push at certain parts. But you can avoid this part by taking the fire road to the top.

The descent is fantastic & there's nothing overtly technical to worry about. But you want to keep your speed in check and not chase your mate too hard as you could come a croper. However, if you ride within your abilities you'll be fine.

A friend of mine went round in a fully rigid & you quite often see hardtails so your rockhopper is more than up to the job.

Providing you've got a half decent level of fitness there's nothing to stop you finishing the trail with an almighty grin!!

Go for it!
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Cheers for reply! Don't think I will be trying to keep up on downhill with him, he's a bit of a nut! Should test my new MX Comps out then!!!
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012