Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Eddy S wrote:

Hi Hausafel and EddyS
    Many of us can be found over at Cyclechat.co.uk if you're after a bit of the old-times...

It's a shame I agree, neither place has the vibe of the old forum, this is too unwieldy and too "dilute" what with all the MTB forummers (no offence).

Come and see if the alternative is to your liking.

Eddy, trust you're well. If we can track-down the usual suspects, we should get a beer organised soon.

Cheers FF->.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Hi Kev. Yeah, I’ve kinda been following what’s been going on and do lurk on Cyclechat now and again to see how things are developing. And just out of habit, I still visit here but for much less time these days. No vibe, no soul.

We never did get around to sorting out the Oxfordshire summer ride (maybe just as well…) or the curry evening so we should get another social organised soon – I’m sure it will flush out the usual suspects once they know there’s food, drink and bonhomie on offer! 8)

I’m doing fine thanks (apart from the sunshine deprivation :roll: ) and likewise, trust all is okay with you too?

Seeya soon.

Eddy.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Fab Foodie wrote:
    Eddy S wrote:

Hi Hausafel and EddyS
    Many of us can be found over at Cyclechat.co.uk if you're after a bit of the old-times...

It's a shame I agree, neither place has the vibe of the old forum, this is too unwieldy and too "dilute" what with all the MTB forummers (no offence).

Eddy, trust you're well. If we can track-down the usual suspects, we should get a beer organised soon.

Cheers FF->.

Fabbie, not to have a go , but....there are no MTB ers posting in here or at least very very few...I cant see what the fuss is all about apart from the change in the chat software, and that is no different from oh so many other sites. Cycling is a minority enough sport/pastime without folks giving up simply because of a colour scheme. . Come on man we roadies have a reputation to uphold!
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Fab Foodie wrote:
    Eddy S wrote:

Hi Hausafel and EddyS

It's a shame I agree, neither place has the vibe of the old forum, This is too unwieldy and too "dilute" what with all the MTB forummers (no offence).

Cheers FF->.

Fabbie, not to have a go , but....there are no MTB ers posting in here or at least very very few...I cant see what the fuss is all about apart from the change in the chat software, and that is no different from oh so many other sites. Cycling is a minority enough sport/pastime without folks giving up simply because of a colour scheme. . Come on man we roadies have a reputation to uphold!

Hi SteveR

I get your drift...and I'm still posting here, but software was/is part of the problem...they need to get the navigation right so that you can "Pin" back the MTB bits and allow you to see updated "Road" posts IF that is your bent. Right now to see recent posts it seems too much to wade through. Many of us simply don't have an MTB interest...maybe why were were at C+ .
    I haven't given-up on the pace. Still hopeful
    I'm not into cliques, but unfortunately a lot of other C+ posters have disappeared across the way and I kinda missed them, so I've also had to join them. I hope it's not "Them and Us" , it's just having alternatives, like 2 different "Locals". Seems a lot of the MTB boys have done the same and decamped en-masse, it's not a "Roadie" thing.

For the time being I'm just seeing how things go and trying to maintain a few links...

Shame it was handled so poorly by Future, it could have been so much better...from day 1, a big opportunity missed. :cry:

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Fab Foodie wrote:
    I haven't given-up on the place. Still hopeful

that's the spirit.

This place has massive potential if people show a degree of patience.
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    Morning All

I think that the number of people who are being patient is small. All the while, the BR (Cakestop) is dwindling to nothing.... which is a shame.

Meanwhile Cyclechat is ever stronger - although only at 80% of C+ running speed. But the first page of links is only a day old... rather than 6 days old.

I haven't given up on Bike Raidar, but for Cakestop to work here, it's going to need a whole new raft of subscribers, and the "culture" of the old C+ is very unlikely to re-establish itself here.

Just my thoughts.....
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    I'm still 'plugging' away here (and there). I've no problem seeing posters from other cycling 'disciplines' (most of whom seem to be seeking information, or joining in the general chat). As most of the original C+ members have gone 'elsewhere' the feeling will be different here, but it will become what we make it.
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!