Just been and bought a Giant Rincon

dogzy724
dogzy724 Posts: 6
edited July 2007 in MTB beginners
hi there i new to all of this but have a keen interesting in getting out on my bike anyway to cut a long story short i knackered my bike up so went out and just got the Rincon until i can get the money together to replace it with an xtc. Anyway thats a little way off and been wondering what little upgrades is possible on the Rincon for now.

cheers

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    For now just get new tyres, (kevlar beaded ones) and comfortable contact points. Don't get hung up on upgrades already! Upgrade as parts wear out.
  • S_J_P
    S_J_P Posts: 908
    As Supersonic says, contact-points first.

Get a comfy saddle (I use a Charge Spoon), some decent lock-on grips (such as Odi Yeti's), and a pair of pedals which suit you.

Giant's standard Kenda tyres leave a lot to be desired too, so something like Panaracer Cinders (steel-beaded pairs are pretty light and cheap too) should be a big improvement.
  • dogzy724
    dogzy724 Posts: 6
    great stuff yeh funny the tyres being mentioned i don't like them much myself either swapped them over to a set of tioga's i had in the shed lol and i using my shimano spd's as i'd rather go on a suicide mission than rip my shins apart with them man traps