Traiing for next years TT's

martin56
martin56 Posts: 213
I concur with what Steve has said about not to sure about starting TT’s. I took the plunge a few months ago. I’m not going to complete a full season but I am getting a few time to work on in 10/25 milers and even a 9??.
But my question IS how I proceed after the season ends in my training for next year TT season. I do like my club Sunday rides as well, all weathers?? :?
Still going at fifty!But for how mutch longer

Comments

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I have always found riding on my own has been the best way to prepare for TT's. Mixed in with some intervals on the turbo.
  • I would suggest that for the first 3 years of training, then simply doing mostly low intensity rides (club rides) during the close season, with the occasional hard interval effort (hills or turbo depends on your mental preference and pocket: hills cost nothing to ride up). Increase the frequency of interval sessions to twice a week from Feb onwards, and then start racing again. Club TT's are a great weekly workout and good prep for the opne events. Target a couple of events where you want to do well, and aim to hit them at top form. This year I havent aimed at anything, and it shows...