£200 forks

Pete-C
Pete-C Posts: 353
edited July 2007 in XC and Enduro
I need help to choose what forks to buy under £200 for my Giant XTC SE. They are to replace stock RS J2's so they should have at least 100mm travel and lockout.

Thanks
Peter
"Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
Pitch Comp

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    I'd be getting a Rockshox Recon 351. Same internals as the more expensive Reba + Revelation forks but just a heavier design. You can pick them up on Merlin for a fair bit under £200 with the 10% discounts at the moment.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • the toras from rock shox are good if your not wanting to spend alot on new forks.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Certainly lokk at the Recons for that price, good fork.
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    I have the Recons on my Marin, Very good forks for the money. glad i went with them now.

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • neil_uk
    neil_uk Posts: 289
    I fitted marzocchi MX pro ETA 105mm to my 2005 XTC3 and i've been over the moon with them. Can't remember how much I paid but i'm sure it was under 200 quid.
  • N4PALM
    N4PALM Posts: 240
    I rekon I'd go for the Marzocchi MX PRO ETA as well.... Looks like a damn good fork IMO, I'm sure its about £180 or u could get the MX PRO without the ETA system for £150ish, but its heavier than the ETA cos its got steel steerer and crown
  • manc_ian
    manc_ian Posts: 166
    If you can stretch your budget to £225 you can get some Rock Shox Reba SL from Merlin Cycles. Ive just had a pair fitted on my XTC SX. Great set of forks!