Cyclist Attacked

Aidocp
Aidocp Posts: 868
edited July 2007 in Campaign
The lbs mentioned this to me last night so I looked it up today. Its a bit worrying as its quite near me.

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I stopped cycling on the canal towpath (London) becasue of the attacks occurring there, and a couple of intimidating confrontations I had with gangs of young blokes.

I had a kid kick my bike wheel when I cycled through victoria Park last year - he managed to break a couple of spokes on my very strong hand made wheel.

I've also had someone chase me through Lewisham because I cycled through some traffic lights while he started crossing, even though the lights were in my favour. He nearly got me, and I've no doubt he'd have kicked the s.h.i.t. out of me. Luckily I cycle very fast. 8)
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    SimonL2 etc has been doing a violence survey with the CTC and while I believe the survey is over, he may still be interested.
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Shame that some of the deleted posts obviously alluded to the victim riding on a path.
    In reality, this has absolutely nothing to do with cycling.
    Horrible. :(
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    You never know if we've got the full story though. Maybe this guy had punched the living crap out of one of the gang previously, been rude to his sister or slept with his granny. We'll just never know.
    ________
    HOW TO ROLL BLUNTS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    domtyler wrote:
    You never know if we've got the full story though. Maybe this guy had punched the living crap out of one of the gang previously, been rude to his sister or slept with his granny. We'll just never know.

It was Edinburgh, just sounds like the local neds having a laugh!!
  • MentalRaver
    MentalRaver Posts: 221
    domtyler wrote:

or told them to F off, etc..... agreed.
    Too enthusiastic about biking for my friends...want to ride somewhere in the SE? TELL ME!!! hamsterscanswim@hotmail.com - and yes they can!
  • domtyler wrote:

Irrelevent.
    In this country he did not deserve it.
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • MentalRaver
    MentalRaver Posts: 221
    domtyler wrote:

Irrelevent.
    In this country he did not deserve it.

so IF I previously had called an annoying silly nobber when you were on your own and cheated on your sister (if you have one) or killed your pet, you wouldn't get so angry that you would have a fight???

How do you know he didn't deserve it. The papers only print what they want. I know of someone who was killed, and he was killed for screwing over a lot of bad people and owing a lot of cash but the local papers made him seem like he was a family guy.
    Too enthusiastic about biking for my friends...want to ride somewhere in the SE? TELL ME!!! hamsterscanswim@hotmail.com - and yes they can!
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Like I said before, probably just local neds. Happened to me in Edinburgh once, 6 or 7 neds beat the crap out of me in the street. You could say fair enough, I did tell them to f*ck off, and did throw the first punch( :oops: ) but then again, they were being Edinburgh neds!!!