Please can you make me an admin/mod?

mike1-2
mike1-2 Posts: 456
Pretty please.

I promise I won't abuse it.

Comments

• I think Mike should be.

He's got all the time in the world while looking after his little one.

He's pretty responsible and would make a good mod :)
  • Who me
    Who me Posts: 493
    Fantastic idea as there seem to be quite a few mods missing today for some reason.
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    Well i suppose someones got to replace alex *sobs*
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    Mike is a decent bloke who'd be a good replacement for Alex...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    with the way its going future seem to have alienated all the past mods from here.
    Perhaps Mike can bring some of the old school back.
  • Gavin Weeks
    Gavin Weeks Posts: 321
    Glyn wrote:
    with the way its going future seem to have alienated all the past mods from here.

Yes, we had a large board meeting and thought alienating them would be the best course of action to make all the members love us and appreciate the hard work we have put into Bikeradar!!

I will mention this to John and he will let you know once he's awake (hes based in Aus)
  • blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    Mike wrote:
    Pretty please.

I promise I won't abuse it*.

Will you be deleting this forum too? ;)

Blacksun for mod!!

*too much
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields
  • mike1-2
    I appreciate all the work you've ever put into anything.

Perhaps a back rub might suit you sir?

Anyways, people are shallow fickle creatures. They'll come back, they will once I'm running the place anyways.

Mwhahhaaaa. :D
  • mike1-2
    blacksun wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    Pretty please.

I promise I won't abuse it*.

Will you be deleting this forum too? ;)

Blacksun for mod!!

*too much

You don't know NOTHING!

Besides, last time wasn't me.

It was my alter-ego, "Grillface McGuire"

He's from Ireland, and proper violent, ever seen Shameless?

He's related to them.

ARGHGHGHGHGHGHG!?

Watch out, he's just got out his cupboard.

ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG!

He just cut one of my toes off....

Oh no, he was just trimming my nails, phew.
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 5,288
    Glyn wrote:

Yes, we had a large board meeting and thought alienating them would be the best course of action to make all the members love us and appreciate the hard work we have put into Bikeradar!!

I will mention this to John and he will let you know once he's awake (hes based in Aus)

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, the way this forums been going...
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    This topic will lead to lots of 'oooh make me a mod as well' i can see it now.

Coiincidently... I would be an excellent mod! :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Glyn wrote:

Evidently the board decided we were no longer allowed opinions to?
    You can try the guilt trip about the hard work you've put into here all you like, fact of the matter is not many people like it.

No where did I say it was been done intentionaly, but its happened.
    The mods from the 'donor' forums so to speak, along with the 'core' memebers of said forums seem to have all gone elsewhere, why?
    Because the way the forums have changed is disliked by many, BR has more of a cold clinical feel to it than the 'community' of the other forums.
    Why ruin what were 4 perfectly good, separate things.

I think it would also be safe to say future might see a drop in sales in the four publications.

You can mention this to whoever you like I really don't care, I'm stating the view of many others.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Glyn, do you remember the snitz changeover?
  • Anonymous
    That was just before I joined MBUK, I take it was the same?
  • Gavin Weeks
    Glyn wrote:
    Glyn wrote:

Evidently the board decided we were no longer allowed opinions to?
    You can try the guilt trip about the hard work you've put into here all you like, fact of the matter is not many people like it.

No where did I say it was been done intentionaly, but its happened.
    The mods from the 'donor' forums so to speak, along with the 'core' memebers of said forums seem to have all gone elsewhere, why?
    Because the way the forums have changed is disliked by many, BR has more of a cold clinical feel to it than the 'community' of the other forums.
    Why ruin what were 4 perfectly good, separate things.

I think it would also be safe to say future might see a drop in sales in the four publications.

You can mention this to whoever you like I really don't care, I'm stating the view of many others.

Sarcasm is my way of answering questions these days, luckily I'm not a mod or admin in a conventional sense, I try to deal with technical and design related issues. I design what i'm asked to and then code it up into a so called website. I don't have to worry about sales, advertising as i'm not paid to, however I do worry about this and I do try my best to help out and answer questions not related to my skillset.

However personally, I'm not over interested in people's complaints when their only suggestion to help it is "go back to how it was" its not an option and won't ever be an option.

Our simple feeling is right now, if you really feel that strongly about how much you dislike the place - then you know where the door is. :)

Guilt doesn't even come into it, I have no desire to guilt you or anyone into the vast amount of work we have done on Bikeradar.

The simple fact is people hate change, they are scared of whats new and prefer to stay within their comfort zone. Its human nature, people will adjust and people will learn what potential this place has, and the amount of content and community it offers.

Gaylord%20Nelson%20in%20canoe%20waving%20.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Indeed I do know where the door is, and shall be going from now on.

Can an Admin please delete my account, so thats one less from your forum members to use when plying companies to place an ad on here.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Glyn wrote:
    That was just before I joined MBUK, I take it was the same?

Pretty much. Except the forum closed down for the development, and there was no user input.
    But there was the similar aftermath. "you've wrecked it!" "MBUK will fade away" "Magazine sales will plummet" "Please delete my account, I don't want to be used for advertising" etc.

Which is part of the reason I find most of the opposition to this change quite laugable. Everyone's saying exactly the same things.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I put my name forward too lol - got nowt to do all day everyday for the forseeable future about from sit in front of the internet!
  • jamieayres
    jamieayres Posts: 282
    The simple fact is people hate change, they are scared of whats new and prefer to stay within their comfort zone. Its human nature, people will adjust and people will learn what potential this place has, and the amount of content and community it offers.

So your essentially saying that however bad the product you produce is, its not the product that is at fault but the consumers fear of change. Spiffy! A get out of jail free card if ever i saw one.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Thats not what he said at all.
  • Who me
    If you get banned does your account get deleted? :roll:
  • nirveous
    nirveous Posts: 79
    l0l dis plaze suks omgorofl w0w bannn me nw i r rebel
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981

That really is a very smug response which does neither you or Future any favours. I am shocked that there are still customer facing personnel in industry who are so lacking in customer care or basic public relations.
    People do not hate change, people are concerned about change, but with a bit of smooth talk will usually adjust if the change is soon seen to improve their lot.
    We were not warned of a drastic diminution in the technical quality of the forum, if we had, I am sure the majority would have rode it out for a time with minimal complaint. We were not warned to prepare for the actions of rude foul mouthed mods, perhaps just as well, as people would have left even faster than they did.
    No one appears to have taken charge of the problems, or attempted to inform users of a timescale for repairs. Staff members/mods (we do not know which is which) are coming into threads claiming to be working on problems, then we see them contributing to the general chat on other threads! This does not suggest they are putting much effort into working on the problems.
    Most organisations go through periods of dramatic change every so often, in the hope of attracting more trade, but they are usually aware of the advantages of maintaining existing relationships, not so Future apparently.
  • Who me
    N1 snorri
  • mmm_pie
    mmm_pie Posts: 1,934
    snorri wrote:

That really is a very smug response which does neither you or Future any favours. I am shocked that there are still customer facing personnel in industry who are so lacking in customer care or basic public relations.
    People do not hate change, people are concerned about change, but with a bit of smooth talk will usually adjust if the change is soon seen to improve their lot.
    We were not warned of a drastic diminution in the technical quality of the forum, if we had, I am sure the majority would have rode it out for a time with minimal complaint. We were not warned to prepare for the actions of rude foul mouthed mods, perhaps just as well, as people would have left even faster than they did.
    No one appears to have taken charge of the problems, or attempted to inform users of a timescale for repairs. Staff members/mods (we do not know which is which) are coming into threads claiming to be working on problems, then we see them contributing to the general chat on other threads! This does not suggest they are putting much effort into working on the problems.
    Most organisations go through periods of dramatic change every so often, in the hope of attracting more trade, but they are usually aware of the advantages of maintaining existing relationships, not so Future apparently.

This advantage to Future overrules any disadvantage though.
    LOGO2.jpg
  • Gavin Weeks
    snorri wrote:

I think you don't understand what i'm saying, that wasn't said as a representative of Future, that was a general state on human nature hense why i said "Its human nature".

For a start the "product" isn't bad, the forums are simply not up to scratch with the rest of the site. But this forum currently does EVERYTHING any other forum does, you can post, you can create a small profile, you can PM, you can post images. What more would you expect from a forum?

Nothing you can say can twist what i said to make it sound as if i'm "anti customer"

I think you'll find i've been bending over backwards to help and assist people and answer questions on this forum, even though its no-where near my job description (i've even managed to get into trouble a little because of it!)

You can "hate" all you like on Bikeradar, at the end of the day people will adjust to this place, and will realise that this is a great place, with a lot of great content and a growing community. Nothing is broken to the point of being unusable. Bikeradar is a service we are providing to you for free - you don't have to be subscribed to a mag to come here and we are hardly forcing you to stay. All we are saying is give it a chance and be a little patient.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 2,719
    I think a lot less people left after that changeover. Most moved over to the next forum, a lot have since drifted off over the years for whatever reason, but I don't remember such a high percentage leaving because of the last changeover.
  • John
    John Posts: 2,499
    Glyn wrote:
    Indeed I do know where the door is, and shall be going from now on.

Can an Admin please delete my account, so thats one less from your forum members to use when plying companies to place an ad on here.

Its no use Glyn,

Even if they delete you theres stil another 69126 out of the 113774 users that have never actually posted or used the forum that their probably lying to advertisers about anyways..
  • jamieayres
    jamieayres Posts: 282
    andrew156 wrote:
    Thats not what he said at all.

Really? I could have swore he did. If only there was some sort of quoting function that could quote what people have just said.....if only.
  • mc
    mc Posts: 70
    What GW said was very true, people don't like change.

It wouldn't of mattered how they changed/merged the forums, there would of always been people very vocal about it. Admittedly, the merger was very shambolic, resulting in seamingly endless complaints, and the powers at be have admitted things havn't gone to plan. The main problem being the forced launch, which has meant an unfinished forum, with many of the previously mentioned features and assurances not being met, and the designers are now not only having to try and implement the features, but also deal with endless complaints and abuse.

I know I was very vocal about the issues with the site, and may of been a bit harsh in some of my posts, but I made sure I made my point without stooping to the level of some of the posts I've seen on here.

I know I'd love to have the old sites back, with the community spirit that went with them, but it's not going to happen. It's going to take time for BR to develop it's own sense of community, but the endless criticism is doing no-one any favours. As GW has said, BR is here to stay, and if you don't like it, cyclechat, uk-mtb, and ukmb (aswell as many other bike forums) will be more than willing to have you as a member.