Commuting bike pics

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2019 in The gallery
Post yours here

How to add images
First you need to host the image somewhere on the net.

common hosts are

http://www.imageshack.us/
http://www.flickr.com/
http://photobucket.com/

Please read their Terms and conditions regards linking and hosting.

some sites provide code for you to add to your post, or you can copy the images properties and paste that between the img tags provided by the img box above the reply window.

for example this picture

http://mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/20 ... 280-80.jpg

that is the properties of the image. now put it between the img tags and you get.

Make sure you are actually linking an image file. IE. .jpg or .gif or .png etc.
[img]http://mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2008/02/12/74397687-280-80.jpg[/img]

74397687-280-80.jpg

if the images are BIG please resize or use a thumbnail image like

brvidsnk5.th.png
this is an example provided by Imageshack.

Comments

• Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    tempo_side.jpg

Mid-fettle so I know that rear brake cable is loose and I'd just moved the saddle from my Audax bike and hadn't levelled it properly. Chain isn't slack though :).
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    bikecountry.jpg
    it's got panniers and flat bars on now though...
    Jas
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    edited July 2008
    l_29732ef772084061a7fc6d970117f7cb.jpg

Escape M2 26x1.0" single side SPD.

l_74296aee496bfb934d2c60012877a933.jpg

Allez
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Here's mine:

P7010321.JPG

Actually I also use a Spesh Langster, but this is the no.1 commuting bike.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Not sure if this will work but will have a go.

43400572.jpg

Given to me for nothing after my last one was nicked. Been living in a shed these past few years but I resurrected it. Quite good condition for its age, although it now has a BMX seatpost (not pictured) because I couldn't get the old one high enough for my daddy longlegs! And big grippy pedals because the ones pictured were carp.

Quite fond of it despite the extreme heaviness/girly dropped crossbar thing it has going on. Waiting for work to sort out Cycle2Work scheme when I might get something more practical - steel rims and rain in traffic are not a good combination!
  • BentMikey wrote:
    Here's mine:

P7010321.JPG

Actually I also use a Spesh Langster, but this is the no.1 commuting bike.
    Wow! That looks amazing. What is it, and how much did it cost? Are recumbents faster than normal bikes? Are they trickier to ride?

"on your bike" Norman Tebbit.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Thanks! It's a Challenge Hurricane, which is a standard commercially available recumbent, and has been fitted with a novosport tailfairing. I paid £850 second hand, new with this sort of spec it would probably be around £2000.

http:/www.challengebikes.com/

Here's the rebuild:
    http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling/my ... refurb.htm

This is a fairly sporty one, but not quite as fast as say a Velokraft NoCom or Bachetta Aero. On the flat it's probably quite a bit faster than most roadbikes, all else being the same of course. There are perhaps more different types of recumbents than uprights.
  • The BIG GT
    The BIG GT Posts: 655
    it now has a BMX seatpost (not pictured) because I couldn't get the old one high enough for my daddy longlegs! And big grippy pedals because the ones pictured were carp.
    /quote]

What a crazy world you live in!!

You let a daddy-long-legs ride your commuter bike that has fish for pedals.....

Like, far out, man!

:wink:
    Now living happily at http://www.uk-mtb.com !!
  • 2007-07-14%20002.JPG
    My baby!

• Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    I Like looking at other folks bikes :wink:

This is my commuter, if the link works, I change between wclips (urban toe clips) and the SPDs

p43167228.html

Commuter
  • Aidocp wrote:

This is my commuter, if the link works, I change between wclips (urban toe clips) and the SPDs

p43167228.html

Commuter
    I tried SPD's for a few months, but I didn't like them. I find my clips far more comfortable on long rides, and much easier to get out of when I need to quickly.

• Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    Aidocp wrote:

p43167228.html

Commuter
    I tried SPD's for a few months, but I didn't like them. I find my clips far more comfortable on long rides, and much easier to get out of when I need to quickly.

Each to our own, I prefer the SPDs on longer trips I find them more comfortable and the wclips for short trips, ie popping to the shops :wink:
  • 2007-07-14%20006.JPG
    Here's another.

• Aidocp wrote:
    Aidocp wrote:

p43167228.html

Commuter
    Each to our own. I prefer the SPDs on longer trips I find them more comfortable and the wclips for short trips, ie popping to the shops :wink:
    I think it's a personal thing. Lots of people seem to prefer SPD's, I found them more efficient, but then again, I'm not a sporty kind of rider. I just like to amble along at my own pace. I found that having my feet attached to the pedal, after long distance in the same position, made my feet go numb. I like to wear a variety of footwear when I ride, and I prefer to wear my comfiest trainers for long rides, where I can alter the position of my feet on the pedals when I want to. :wink:

• mercurykev
    mercurykev Posts: 264
    my commuter

826301272_297bdc9e88_m.jpg
  • markhr
    markhr Posts: 265
    shameless powercranks plug

Don\'t run red lights, wear a helmet, use hand signals, get some cycle lights(front and rear) and, FFS, don't run red lights!
  • My relatively new Specialized Globe City, bought after my old Saracen Mtb suffered terminal frame damage!!

792656751a4250811701b941042532l.jpg
  • rjcastillo
    rjcastillo Posts: 41
    Home brewed - Reg Harris frame, flat bars plus aero bars, single speed. It's cost about £160 to create!

DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    Here's my new one - schmidt dynohub wheel and lights will go on for winter:
    EB%20026.jpg
  • selespeed
    selespeed Posts: 7
    Scott.jpg
    This is my commuter, not the 'usual type' you may say but i have 4.5 miles to ride to work.......just over 1 mile is on the road and the rest on a cycle track which was built on an old railway line which is not the smoothest of rides. I used to take that route on a road bike and it wasn't much fun so hence the mountian bike (which also gets used in a local forest a couple of times a month with some friends :wink: )
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    edited July 2007
    Oh please let mine win the award for the ugliest!

FluoroBeast.JPG

I picked it up at a pawn shop in the early 90s. The 'best' in ChromeMoly fluro. It's heavy. It's ugly. The geo is ALL WRONG (top tube is sooooooo long). It has Shimano BioPace chain rings (which, some believe, kill your knees and I started to believe until I adjusted my geo). Centre-pull brakes which don't do much and are a pain to adjust.

But, it keeps going and won't get stolen.

I've put Shimano 424 pedals on it. A WTB saddle. Profile bar ends, which I don't use much any more - just for holding my mirror. Geax Evolution tyres are great in Melbourne. Good for bitumen, but there's also plenty of dirt and cobblestones. Most importantly, they will literally claw their way back out of slipperytram tracks. Topeak MTX rack (so I can quickly/easily also use it on my dually, road bike or my parter can use it on hers too).

Only thing(s) I've needed to fix/replace are shifters, done several times both sides.

I ride it (almost) every day. That used to be a 21km commute, but now it's down to an easy 9km with a job change.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Only 8 weeks after the last post :D

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1481516/

Fitted with SKS mudguards, lights going on anytime soon.
    Bought it for £80 earlier this year, 2 years old, but never ridden, cost them £220 - Bargain!

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Bikey the bastard bike. Ugly, functional and of no interest to bike thieves.

Old Ridgeback Velocity frame adorned with bits and pieces acquired from Ebay and beyond; Specialized carbon forks, XT brakes and levers, Selle gel seat, RPM cranks and Surly single speed kit.

Best buy being the bomb-proof Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tyres still puncture free after 1800 miles of London commuting.

[img]HTTP://www.collie27.co.uk/BIKEY.jpg[/img]
    woot
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    dsc00740pk6.jpg

Couple of upgrades for it coming soon. Namely: Better brakes.
  • 1413129779_99cba68bff.jpg

My mongrel commute bike. Specialized Hardrock frame 16" (too small) circa 01. On-one superlight carbon forks. Shimano front wheel no name rear with singlespeed conversion, shod with Schwalbe Marathon slicks. LX hydraulic disc brake front / no-name V-brake rear. Cheapo Truvativ cranks / Shimano M520 pedals. On-one stem & bars. No name seatpost & Selle Italia perch.

Can we make this thread sticky please mods?
    <a>road</a>
  • 1413129779_99cba68bff.jpg

My mongrel commute bike. Specialized Hardrock frame 16" (too small) circa 01. On-one superlight carbon forks. Shimano front wheel no name rear with singlespeed conversion, shod with Schwalbe Marathon slicks. LX hydraulic disc brake front / no-name V-brake rear. Cheapo Truvativ cranks / Shimano M520 pedals. On-one stem & bars. No name seatpost & Selle Italia perch.

Can we make this thread sticky please mods?

Sir, I like your style!
    woot
  • jel
    jel Posts: 758
    What is that?
    markhr wrote:
    thebigpicture.jpg