24 hour time trials

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
I want to do a 24 hour TT some time in September (mid to late probably to give me time to recover from the PBP).

I've Googled, but can't find anything.

Would prefer to do it somwhere in the north of England or South of Scotland.

Does anyone know of any events? Or where to get some info on events even?

Thanks
More problems but still living....

Comments

• ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    Have you looked on www.britishcycling.org.uk?
  • mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    I believe there is only one 24hour TT this year and it is on the 21st July. Mersey Roads Club. Have a look on CTT website http://www.ctt.org.uk/
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • amaferanga
    Thanks, I'd looked at the CTT website, but couldn't be bothered to go through every page of events to find the 24s. What a crap website. Same goes for the British Cycling site. Both designed by goons it seems.

Guess I won't be doing a 24 if that's the only one.
  • mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    CTT site is pretty pants I have to agree but you can just click Events->Distance->24hr to get the 24hr events. You can break the events down into District, Distance or Month which tends to make it a bit more manageable. There are quite a few 12hr events, the last being on 2nd September.

I don't think the BC site is too bad though.
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    amaferanga wrote:
    I want to do a 24 hour TT some time in September (mid to late probably to give me time to recover from the PBP).

I've Googled, but can't find anything.

Would prefer to do it somwhere in the north of England or South of Scotland.

Does anyone know of any events? Or where to get some info on events even?

Thanks

Sadly there is only 1 24hr left in this country. it on saturday coming, it starts at 1oclock pm at farndon near wrexam. sadly you have to enter 3 weeks prior to get a ride. cracking event and if you qualify for P-B-P a different sort of challenge ,but certainly doable. do it next year,you wont regret it. there are also several 24`s on the continent. i`ll post a link when i can find it to a website called the ultra distance cycling association, i think. as previously said ,do a 12hr. the welsh one on the second of august is a well organised, friendly place to be.

for those above the www.britishcycling.org.uk? is for road racing .
    whereas the http://www.ctt.org.uk/ is for testers ! OH the CCT site is better than the BCF site.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • amaferanga wrote:
    Thanks, I'd looked at the CTT website, but couldn't be bothered to go through every page of events to find the 24s. What a crap website. Same goes for the British Cycling site. Both designed by goons it seems.

Guess I won't be doing a 24 if that's the only one.

You really need the handbook. Half the point in testing is to trawl through said book at the start of the year highlighting the events you are going to ride. Most events require you to enter at least 2 weeks before, and you will have to a member of an affiliated club (most are). If you are riding regularly open events you will pick up from other members what events are upcoming, especially the "specials2 like the 12 and 24 Hr events. Once you have got used to the system, the website is actually very good, start sheets and results are up pretty quickly.
  • Fixed Wheelnut
    Fixed Wheelnut Posts: 2,267
    One of the riders for the Mersey roads 24 hr is a non starter, too ill apparently.

If you want to ride a call to the organiser wouldn't do any harm, you might get in in time. :D
    This will be my first go at one, I'm going to treat it like a fast Audax and see how I go :)
  • amaferanga
    I can't this weekend, but thanks for that.

Guess I'll get myself sorted for next year.