So, you dislike BR...

blacksun
blacksun Posts: 381
What exactly was so special about your old forums that BR doesn't have?

Discuss.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields

Comments

• lacuna
    lacuna Posts: 4,004
    quick reply
    head_bar_solid.jpg
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Nothing to complain about, since the last major change was four years ago.

Actually, honestly, I want an active topics page that works in nigh on the same way as the Snitz one, where I pick the forums. But I know that (or something approximating to it) is in the works.
    And the quick reply.
  • secondtimeuser
    secondtimeuser Posts: 11,682
    Quick reply
    No irritating capitalisation of member names on some screens.
    People that wanted to use it...
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 5,288
    I'd be a lot happier if they went back to Snitz tbh, at least that worked and looked homely.
    And see Dave's post for my other thoughts.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Matt wrote:
    I'd be a lot happier if they went back to Snitz tbh, at least that worked and looked homely.
    This one works for me. I've not come across any bugs or inconsistencies for a while.
  • Quick reply is on the list of things we want to get done as soon as possible, hopefully we should have an idea of how soon tomorrow.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmm i think there are other things that need doing before quick reply. having to scroll to the bottom of all posts as the new button is very high on my peeved with list. sure i am getting an RSI in my finger.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    nicklouse wrote:
    Mmm i think there are other things that need doing before quick reply. having to scroll to the bottom of all posts as the new button is very high on my peeved with list. sure i am getting an RSI in my finger.

The "end" button on your keyboard will solve that problem.

As far as I'm concerned, this forum is the nutts. Decent sections, decent questions and replies and a much friendlier atmosphere (even if it has lost some of the community vibe).
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    blacksun wrote:
    What exactly was so special about your old forums that BR doesn't have?

Discuss.

Lots of active posters (C+) :wink: . I'm getting used to this one now the changes are taking effect - Looking good 8) .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • mmm_pie
    mmm_pie Posts: 1,934
    Lots of threads and replys unnecessarily deleted.
    LOGO2.jpg
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    The old place didn't have fifteen pages of active topics, of which only about 10% are of interest to me. That's the main one: it's work to go through it all, not fun.

The layout here is too spacious for my taste. It's like an Apple store, all swathes of designer shiny white. Makes for unnecessary scrolling. I'd like skins, but hey, it's not my branding.
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    There are too many topics. You don't need 2 stolen topics, nor 3 FAQ topics, nor multiple Office / Contact topics, General topics...

It needs slimming down!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I would suggest that since noone uses the MBUK sandbox that it and the WMB arms should be made into one.

Seems like a waste having two MBUK sections that noone uses.
  • blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    andrew156 wrote:
    I would suggest that since noone uses the MBUK sandbox that it and the WMB arms should be made into one.

Seems like a waste having two MBUK sections that noone uses.

That's actually a good idea. Merge wmb arms, mbuk sandbox and the roadies soapbox. No idea what call it, but it'd be a lively of the forum section, that's for sure.

Bryanm makes a good point too. It's all future publishing at the end of the day, so just have one office.
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields