Moderators appear to be deleting critical threads

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
Or so it seems from the last thread I started, advising people to go to ACF's race forum which is almost as good as the old C+ race forum:

Nice work people - getting fed up of the criticism? How about: listen to your users and act on what they say, isn't that what Web 2.0 is supposed to be about?

The ACF forum is UK based and a lot of old C+ers are going there now. It's a lot like C+ used to be so what are you waiting for?

Weight Weenies is also good, if a bit tecchie, but they have at least one pro racer, Adam Hansen of T-Mobile, as a regular poster always very interesting:
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Assuming you work for these people jimmythecuckoo then this is exactly the kind of response I'd expect.

Enjoy! I'm sure you'll reach 1000 posts soon enough.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    vermooten wrote:
    Nice work people - getting fed up of the criticism? How about: listen to your users and act on what they say, isn't that what Web 2.0 is supposed to be about?

Errr... No!!! That's got nowt to do with Web 2.0!!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    vermooten it is called spam. and is delt with accordingly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Nick, for future reference, is my post here regarded as spam? It's the 6th one down and directs people to weightweenies: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12536854 There is a lot of good info over there which I don't think we will ever replicate here.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    MR policeman Nick this is spam
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12537442
    do Future pay you btw?

why can't vermooten have his post count back, it was over 2000. so his opinion matters.

any ideas why everyone has left??
    Might be an idea to think of why people are suggesting other forums. Has it crossed anyone's mind that all the folk who have left, might have a point.

sorry to comment, i will go back to being subordinate now..
  • nicklouse
    Eurostar nope that is not spam. go into the tech/workshop and lookin the tech links sticky. yes i link to lots of places as there is great info out there.

spam is people posting come to our forum over and over and over.....

or just replying to posts saying go to xyz.
    As vermooten seems to be a C+ person it would have been an Admin not a mod that deleted the post.

i did not see the post.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12537442
    do Future pay you btw?

why can't vermooten have his post count back, it was over 2000. so his opinion matters.

any ideas why everyone has left??
    Might be an idea to think of why people are suggesting other forums. Has it crossed anyone's mind that all the folk who have left, might have a point.

sorry to comment, i will go back to being subordinate now..
    yes it is spam so flag it and some thing might get done about it. vermooten's posts ask an Admin.

future pay! get real. As a mod or an Admin as i was on MBUK i will tell you what you get.

a big fat Zero and a pile of crap from the users. :)
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    vermooten wrote:
    Assuming you work for these people jimmythecuckoo then this is exactly the kind of response I'd expect.

I have no allegiances, I just wish this boring period where every man and his dog is plugging their own splinter forum would end.
  • blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    vermooten wrote:

I have no allegiances, I just wish this boring period where every man and his dog is plugging their own splinter forum would end.

Agreed. If you want your friends to go to your 'splinter' forum.. email them.
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207

Please tell me that is a joke :?
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Be quiet you. I have thrice the number of posts you have! Ergo; my opinion trumps yours!
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • blacksun
    blacksun Posts: 381
    ddoogie wrote:
    Be quiet you. I have thrice the number of posts you have! Ergo; my opinion trumps yours!

So I pwn you all? ;)
    I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally ~ W. C. Fields
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Christ on a bike, do you actually have time to get out and cycle ?
  • Andy
    I have three bikes and i ride them all :D
  • Andy
    ddoogie wrote:

Although on a bike I have proven myself to be 15 minutes faster on average. That counts for something no?
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    Ste_S wrote:
    Christ on a bike, do you actually have time to get out and cycle ?

I reckon he has.

That astronomical post count is either courtesy of a cunning forum hack, or he had to do something obscenely biological to a forum admin... :twisted:

:wink:
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • speshcp wrote:
    he had to do something obscenely biological to a forum admin...

Infinitely improbable too.

John, who will boost post counts for Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters and dates with Eccentrica Gallumbits.
    John Stevenson
  • ahediel
    ahediel Posts: 14
    If you want censorship - go to www.bikeforums.net and try to talk about security.

Try to put up the trailers of the ITV1 documentary being shown on Tuesday 24.07.07 at 7:30pm (Sky Channel 993) Gone in 60 seconds - Bike Crime Wave

Your thread will disapear and you will be banned.

Give it a go........

Just try this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ip5QoMFyi0

To get banned double quick just mention that the Kryptonite chain went in 11 seconds. with a pair of handheld bolt croppers :shock: