Try stopping where you can actually see the lighsts!

alan_sherman
alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
edited July 2007 in Commuting chat
What muppets. Barge through to the front of a queue of traffic (cars and bikes), go through the ASL, then go on a bit further before stopping WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE THE TRAFFIC LIGHT. Fools. Do you like being a stationary obstacle for everyone else when the lights change? :roll:

Comments

• BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Yeah, this habit is faintly irritating. It's quite satisfying to blast by when they've not even lifted their foot off the ground yet. Since I'm usually in primary position at the lights, I don't care that they're there, because they aren't in my way.
  • Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    It used to wind me up an awful lot, but it's just another thing I've calmed down about now.
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    I am occasionally guilty of doing this one myself when the ASL is totally congested. I just try to anticipate the green light as best I can.
    ________
    VAPORIZERS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    domtyler wrote:
    I am occasionally guilty of doing this one myself when the ASL is totally congested. I just try to anticipate the green light as best I can.

you can judge it from the motorbikes revving up
    <a>road</a>
  • Tynancp
    Tynancp Posts: 160
    I do it sometimes, usually because someone is right over the ASL or there isn't one, I usually do fine with the engine notes, not today though, a couple more bikes arrived and stopped the cars from going

I got a ding from the bike behind me, a bit embarassing
  • Its only if you are half asleep is when you get caught normally it's the cyclist in front of me that seems to go into a dreamworld.As I tend to know all the traffic light sequences I don't really have a problem. :roll: