Fancy a unique set of fixed hubs??

bonk man
bonk man Posts: 1,054
edited July 2007 in Road general
A friend of mine is planning on making some hubs in his engineering shop, based most likely on the old large flange campag type design but with cartridge bearings. If any one out there is interested in this project and maybe has suggestions as to designs that are sexy or outrageous let us know ......... I cant wait............
Club rides are for sheep

Comments

• Tom753
    Tom753 Posts: 737
    So...based on the old large flange campag type design but with cartridge bearings...probabaly machined rather than forged so end up with thicker flanges, smaller cutouts, bigger barrels...could end up looking like these http://www.paulcomp.com/frmhubs.html :)
    although these look nothing like the old Campag hubs, whereas Campag had fine, slim proportions, these are chunky and bulky, I suppose this can't be avoided if they have oversized axles.
  • bonk man
    bonk man Posts: 1,054
    forging is a possibility as the gear is there but to start with machining is most likely. I am going to take a few hubs over for assessment as to what is possible.
    Club rides are for sheep
  • southlaker
    southlaker Posts: 1,199
    What your friend might find worth while is making hubs to take a singlespeed freewheel with the Rohloff hub chainline (57mm) for use in a spare wheel.