IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!??

pipeman
pipeman Posts: 48
edited August 2007 in Campaign
:( have started cycling again after a long lay off,,,i am doing a few "pootles"around the malvern and upton on severn area as often as i can,,its grand being awheel again,,,pedaling the quiet lanes hereabouts,,but something has changed,,dramaticaly!!!!other cyclists are now PIG IGNORANT!! :shock: not a nod,wave or cheery hello these days,,they just stare ahead,or ride past without a glance!!!!what has become of the fellowship of the wheel!!!!!i come from a background of club riding in the 70's and 80's.back then we allways hat a greeting for each other,,why has it changed??is it a sign of what gordon brown calls"britain's broken society"???i find it realy sad i must admit :cry: a sorry state to have reached,,,a reflection of the selfish race we have become,,,i shall greet all other riders,,no matter what they may think of me!!!
time is running out,use it wisely!

Comments

• Simon L2
    Simon L2 Posts: 2,908
    Try yodelling
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Nothing Changes ...................

Life Goes On .........................

`Tis The Way Of Things ........
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • pipeman
    Simon L2 wrote:
    Try yodelling

DIDELY DEE????? :D
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    Are you the pervert on a roadbike who got a little too friendly at the train station the other day and started telling me about how his nipples bleed when his jersey rubs? I'm not making it up, and I didn't appreciate it....
  • pipeman
    NO,,was'nt me,,,that time :D
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    pipeman wrote:
    Simon L2 wrote:
    Try yodelling

DIDELY DEE????? :D

<Julie Andrews>

High on a hill on Pinarello
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo!
    Loud was the voice of the lonely rider
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo!

Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo!
    Lusty and clear from the rider’s throat heard
    Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo!

</Julie Andrews>
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • pipeman
    :D like it,,,,,,bring some of this humour to malvern!! :D:D
  • pipeman
    :D got out for a couple of hours yesterday,,and guess what??had a couple of waves!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    pipeman wrote:
    :D got out for a couple of hours yesterday,,and guess what??had a couple of waves!!!! :D:D:D:D

Nothing to do with you working your way through the Sound Of Music soundtrack, was it? :twisted: :wink:
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • Yorkshireman
    pipeman wrote:

There you are then ... Someone must have seen your post :lol: .
    Colin N.

• snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981
    pipeman wrote:

If waves are so important to you, why don't you ditch the bike and buy a boat :?: :?
  • Yorkshireman
    snorri wrote:
    pipeman wrote:

If waves are so important to you, why don't you ditch the bike and buy a boat :?: :?

Weather getting you down a bit? :lol:
    Colin N.

• snorri
    snorri wrote:
    pipeman wrote:

Might be, you too :?: .
    I notice your postings are not as upbeat as they were a few days ago. :wink:

If only you could have kept up that unification stance a little longer, I was thinking of pulling Tony back and sending you at as peace envoy to Palestine .

:wink::D
  • Yorkshireman
    snorri wrote:
    snorri wrote:
    pipeman wrote:

Might be, you too :?: .
    I notice your postings are not as upbeat as they were a few days ago. :wink:

If only you could have kept up that unification stance a little longer, I was thinking of pulling Tony back and sending you at as peace envoy to Palestine .

Well I did get rather `damp` this morning :) I have `history` with Palestinians from over 20 years ago, I doubt I would be a good choice at the moment :wink: .

:wink::D
    Colin N.

• snorri
    edited July 2007
    I have `history` with Palestinians from over 20 years ago, I doubt I would be a good choice at the moment :wink: .

Ok, excuse accepted :wink: . Anyway you are doing a good job here, I think it has bottomed out now, the only way is up.
    I feel better after a few miles in the sun this afternoon 8)
  • Yorkshireman
    Cheers SNORRI, I reckon you're right about bottoming out , I know a few people are 'lurking' to check how things are going and some will return I' hope. Sounds as if you did better with the weather than I did. Got wet early on this morning (early rides are nice and quiet :) ) and went out again around 11.30 till around 2.00 but it was dull, no rain though a bit muggy - not very enjoyable, but a bit of crap makes the good bits seem even better :lol: .
    Colin N.

• No probs down here in 'sunny' Wales. most are nice and we stick together against the forces of evil in their cars
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business