Commuter Bike

malky54704
malky54704 Posts: 178
edited July 2007 in Commuting chat
Ok made a sale today so have a little money for a new bike. Currently have a superb racer but too good for work.

I am looking for a road bike to commute on - I often carry laptop so must be capable of taking weight and I want drop handle bars.

I've about £500 to spend,....

Come on ideas please! :lol:

Comments

• Flycatcher
    Flycatcher Posts: 185
    I have a Trek 1000.Takes guards and a rack if you like. Most places at £500 but bought mine for £425 at pedalon off the net. Prretty light, until I go on my Roubaix, but good enough to throw around for commuting.
  • malky54704 wrote:
    Ok made a sale today so have a little money for a new bike. Currently have a superb racer but too good for work.

I am looking for a road bike to commute on - I often carry laptop so must be capable of taking weight and I want drop handle bars.

I've about £500 to spend,....

Come on ideas please! :lol:
    Dawes Galaxy. You can buy one for that price, and they're great for doing long distances in comfort. Also comes with mudguards and rear rack, so you won't have to buy and fit them later.

"on your bike" Norman Tebbit.
  • pete236uk
    pete236uk Posts: 58
    Specialized allez heard is good
    peter
  • malky54704
    malky54704 Posts: 178
    Thanks for suggestions I'll give them a try!
  • If your commute suits singlespeed, try a Genesis Flyer for £500. Commuted 3000 miles on mine so far this year and it's been great.
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    not a plug, but C+ has articles on flat bar road bikes this month, haven't had a chance to read yet as I was out last night but just some ideas...
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.