What a beautifull place....

yenrod
yenrod Posts: 135
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk

No arseholes for administrators, no crazy weirdos for fellow forumers, people civil to each other....

:wink:
[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]

Comments

• jpembroke
    jpembroke Posts: 2,569
    I hear ya brother. I only just got to 2000 and now it's gone, all gone. It makes me want to cry.
    I'm only concerned with looking concerned
  • Just switched on to what I expected to be C+, and got directed here.
    I suspect I'm well behind the times, but will catch up eventually - a bit like my Sunday rides..!
    Looks ok so far - some familiar faces, topics, etc.

...and the ubiquitous pachyderm references... :P

Gotta get my post count up again. Perhaps we could discuss the merits of RLJing ?????? :twisted:

You\'re just jealous because the voices are talking to me.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    yenrod wrote:
    http://www.cyclechat.co.uk

No arseholes for administrators, no crazy weirdos for fellow forumers, people civil to each other....

Boring... Can we have a day without someone advertising their own forum/website on here to try and belittle the efforts in getting BikeRadar off the ground.

If C+ people are going, then go!!!!!!!!!

Leave the people left behind to build their own community.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    You could try

http://murl.se/26465

check it out

Its got potential

george
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    jibi wrote:
    You could try

http://murl.se/26465

check it out

Its got potential

george

Hmmm.... mighty interesting [strokes chin] Think I'll join up.
    8)
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    I've had a look at your site jibi

I must say it has potential, but it does seem like great halls without anyone in them

and i can't read anything as the typeface is too small :(
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    I kinda like it here...
    I'm kinda sad that yet another split has occurred & that we have lost mass & some great folk, but I guess life goes on....
    I've looked over at cyclechat & it's deeply unappealing if you weren't a prominent member of C+.
    It's a bit ironic that a number of them used to complain about acf.
    I always liked that C+ was not too cliquey: it always changed, as did the balance of opinion.
    I've found it sad that folk can't find time to make this their home but.
    To each their own....
    Vive the new forum!
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    It is getting better around here, it'll take me a wee while longer to get used to it but I'm sticking around - I shall also venture over to cc and say hello to all those in self-exile and continue to visit ACF as well.
  • Rhythm Thief
    Rhythm Thief Posts: 2,787
    I keep dropping in here from time to time. Mostly a lurker now though. Still, good luck to all those left, I hope all the bugs are ironed out soon and it all goes well. 8)
  • alecstilleyedye
    alecstilleyedye Posts: 1,170
    cyclechat has been moulded by it's users to something approaching what we had at C+. i will stay there, but drop in from time to time.

horses (or baby elephants) for courses i suppose.

this place is still best for a bit of bonj-baiting, but i hear he's signed up to cc too :roll:
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    cyclechat has been moulded by it's users to something approaching what we had at C+. i will stay there, but drop in from time to time.

horses (or baby elephants) for courses i suppose.

this place is still best for a bit of bonj-baiting, but i hear he's signed up to cc too :roll:

Similar thoughts here alec, and who could resist two chances of bonjbaiting (is that a new word :wink: ). I potter between CycleChat,acf,CTC,Touring Cyclist (very quiet there), Thorn Cycling and cucling newsnets. They are all different and I see no gain (or `fun`) in playing one off against another :) .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • Smeggers
    Smeggers Posts: 1,019
    I too am "bi-fora" and proud :)
    <font size="1">Hickory Dickory Dock,
    A baby elephant ran up the clock,
    The clock is being repaired</font id="size1">
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    yenrod wrote:
    What a beautifull place....

Yes, but on this evidence the spelling is terrible.
    :shock:
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    They are all different and I see no gain (or `fun`) in playing one off against another :) .

Sadly many do.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    They are all different and I see no gain (or `fun`) in playing one off against another :) .

Sadly many do.

+1
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    +2

<Life of Brian>

SPLITTERS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

</Life of Brian>

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • beanzontoast
    beanzontoast Posts: 1,457
    This place is getting better. I have a foot in both camps now. I don't think either has finished its present phase of evolving.

Edited by beanzontoast looking ever so carefully for mistakes
  • david 142
    david 142 Posts: 227
    It seems that much of the upset can be put down to the way in which the new order was implemented. In my own case it came right out of the blue. It has to be said, a warning by e mail would have been welcome, and not too much trouble - after all they send me one whenever they want me to go out and but a magazine!

Does any one know if the original C+ site will continue, less forum, or will the content be integrated here in some way?
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    The C+ site is now closed down. There were warnings (?) on c+ in the page headers and Admin 1 posted the info in each section (first info went out about a month ago). This is C+ now (this section anyway). Loads of articles and info (including the C+ mag thing) right at the top when you enter the site. The move seems to have been a bit premature and things have been taking a bit to settle down, as a result quite a lot of the C+ crew are now here:- http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/index.php though some stayed here, and some of us visit both fora. Hope this helps :wink: .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!